• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to Select Multiple Options in 2.3.4[r]

aftabn10

Hi, I am looking to find out how I can setup multiple option selection on v2.3.4. I have recently downloaded v2.3.4[r] EDGE from the following URL:

and I have seen that this has a section to add product options but I am not sure how I add multiple option selection in this version.

For example I have a product which is a business card and the price for this product depends on Quantity (500, 1000 etc) and Sides (Single Side, Double Side) and then a price is given but I am not sure how i set this up with the correct price.

I am able to do this with a single option (Quantity) but I need some dependency on another option (Sides).

Would appreciate it if somebody could advise on how i do this.

Thanks in advance.

Attribute management in the base (core) version of Product attributes is not very elegant. There are several add-ons out there to improve it.

Search for "attributes" in the Apps Marketplace section and take care that they are updated to BS.

The basic operation for you in the standard Product Attributes page would be:

1. create an option for quantity
  2. define the posible quantities as option value for the option quantity
  3. create an option for side
  4. define the posible option values (Single Side, Double Side) for the option side
  5. asign the available options and values for each product in Products Attributes and fill in the additional price (as plus/minus difference to the base product price)

The 2 price differences for each selected option value will be added to the base product price when the customer selects the options and adds the product to the shopping cart.

Kind regards

Rainer

If the problem is that the additional prices are not independant, this is the double side price difference depends on the selected size, you would need to create only one option combining both possibilities and applying the combined price for both option values. There is no other way in standard oscommerce.

The other possibility to update dynamically the second option prices depending on the first option selection could be custom coded for your needs. As far as I know there doesn't exist an add-on which does this already.

If you need this to be coded for you, post it in the commercial support area.

Archived