• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

seo

mithras123

• 2 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:41 AM, mithras123 said:

Hi guys, what is the best method to do SEO? i want many details if you can help me.

The answer depends on what version of oscommerce you are using.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 11 months later...

Your best bet is to find some really good current information on the internet. There are loads of people that think they know how to do SEO, but very few actually do. You have to find the ones that do, and that's not easy. Read lots and learn what the basics are. Google has some very good information and tools available to make your life a bit easier. Then try to get that basic information into every page of your site.

Depending on the version you are using will depend on what addons you need to install.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

4 hours ago, Hotclutch said:

Looks like a spam thread.

@Hotclutch The second post is definitely a spammer and he/she or it is about to be toast.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, shery19 said:

SEO without backlinks doesn't bring any result at all.

Backlinks can help with SEO but they must be relevant or they can hurt the ranking. But they are by no means the only factor and sites can rank well without them.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

There is NOTHING ( not even a company that offers SEO)  available here in this forum to answer your question.

The rules are simple and guide lined by google.
It is called LOCALE
Yet oscommerce uses language =:
- eng
- nl
- de
ETC
While the correct way is :
https://yoursite.com/NL/(index.php or whatever).......... regardless of use an extention. (.php,.HTML).
THE FACT IS.........
There are companies especially focus on SEO/SEF who know the ins-outs of the concept.
At the moment osc is NOT suitable ( couse of routing url's) to hire such a company with a positive effect.
MORE BLASPHEME: osc is not even able to make a UNIQUE page.

I not wanna go digg into to deep........
Let the respective coders respond on what i just Sayed.

34 minutes ago, omg13v said:

Is  not easy to do, best thing probably is to get a professional to do it.

Why do you say that. There are so many supposedly good SEO companies out there or blokes at home that think they know SEO and they achieve nothing that someone cant do themselves with a bit of effort and work. Most of what a professional can do can be done with oscommerce easily so no need to pay.

If there was an SEO company that had any conviction of what they can do will actually show a reward why wont they offer their service on a pay by results type thing.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

10 hours ago, 14steve14 said:

Most of what a professional can do can be done with oscommerce easily so no need to pay.

Some people think they know SEO when actually they know nothing at all. So this is not true. I look at most osCommerce shops and see SEO mistakes, even after the webmaster thinks he/she has optimised their shop.

Archived