• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi Products Manager v. 2.8

Unikate

Hi all,

I will start a new topic hoping to get an answer here:

I really liked the Multi Products contribution in my old shop version and now I just installed the 2017 version in my updated shop (version 2.3.4), but when I click on the link in the admin panel, it just brings me to a blank page. The products_multi.php is correctly positioned in the admin folder - any idea why it doesn't show? My admin is not called admin, but that shouldn't make a difference?

Thanks for all your input!
Kate

There are a number of versions of that addon. I don't know if there is one for 2.3.4 but there might be for 2.3 and that might work. It also depends on what version of 2.3.4 you are using.

The white page can be caused by a number of things. One is if you copy the file to the wrong location. For example, there should be a file named  products_multi.php in the root of admin and another in its languages directory. The files are different so copying the wrong one to the wrong directory will cause it to fail.

It might also be that you are using a pre-2.3 version of the addon and it is looking for files that don't exist. Or maybe you didn't make all of the required code changes.

Look in the root of the admin directory for a file named error_log. If it is present, check the last few errors since they may show the problem. If that doesn't exist, in the root products_multi.php file, add the following after the line at that top that application_top.php in it and try loading the page again. It may show the failure.

ini_set('display_errors','1'); 

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your reply.

The newest version of this addon which I installed can be found here: https://apps.oscommerce.com/jVxEK&admin-copy-move-and-delete-multiple-p

It does not require any code changes, only the upload of those 4 files

The  error log gives me the following line:

PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' in /is/htdocs/wp1008922_UOXIOCY82R/www/test/shop/includes/template_bottom.php on line 61

but I guess that that is not the mistake because I see the "undefined constant php" all over the place in the error log.

With your ini_set added it says:

PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'includes/template_bottom.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php5.6') in /is/htdocs/wp1008922_UOXIOCY82R/www/test/shop/index.php on line 285

Can I just add the path for php5.6 and that's it? (As you can see - I don't know anything about coding etc. ;-((  )

Thanks again!
Kate

The first one is just a notice and those can, usually, be ignored, as you thought. The second is a fatal error and is the problem. It is saying the includes/template_bottom.php file can't be found. That is a standard file in your shops version so it should be there. Maybe it was deleted by mistake. Check to see if it is there. If not, upload a backup. You can probably safely use one from the original package since that file doesn't get changed much. If it is there, then there is probably something wrong with the path in the configure file. In that case, post your includes/configure.php file here, being sure to leave out the last few lines that has the database credentials.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Dear Jack,

I had family visiting for the weekend, so I am only back now. I just rechecked whether I had uploaded all of the files correctly and got another error:

PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare do_magic_quotes_gpc() (previously declared in /is/htdocs/wp1008922_UOXIOCY82R/www/test/shop/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php:18) in /is/htdocs/wp1008922_UOXIOCY82R/www/test/shop/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php on line 30

so I googled that and found out that it must have something to do with the language file. Since I had uploaded the necessary files into both my English and my German language folder, I decided to delete the ones in the German folder and tadaaa - there it is...

It does not properly define the texts (
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Multiple Products Manager' - in my shop it just says "HEADING_TITLE), but I can live with that.

Thank you so much for your help!!

Kate