Latest News: (loading..)

There is a lot of buzz around the topic of artificial intelligence and how it will take over our lives at some point.  It is supposed to start with computers taking our job, which has already been done by some industries that need heavy weight lifting, organizing heavy boxes, etc. But do you think that it is possible machines to do some more responsible positions like HR, Finance or Even Marketing? I mean, for marketing you need creativity, you have to be able to differentiate from others, and so on.

:huh: I am just interested to read your thoughts about that. Not that we can do much about that, as it is a developing process.

as a dev, i hate to type.

I would prefer a kind of google-glasses where i can choose with my eyes the codes i want and place them where i want.

Same principe for marketing.

Based on just few pre-configured criteria the marketeer gives to a product (or multiple products at once), he would be able to launch a campaign.

Same for everything else what involves DATA. 

Criteria eventually wil be founded and based from General Risk&Control

I worked short for a company...

The explanation of General R&C is:

if have a coffee machine in your office and it break, the productivity of the peep work in the office lowers.

So it is a risk if the coffee machine break or become out of function.

if it is broken the level of risk your company loose money is 10 out of 10.

The risk is : Broken

The control is: Need new coffee machine or contract with repair company

if there is no coffee :

the risk is perhaps 9 out of 10

The control: send someone to buy coffee

You can imagine many scenario for everything involve running a bussiness.

The government and financial world (and many other high-rolers) use such system.

Edited by wHiTeHaT

CONTACT ME as i am for HIRE

Get the latest osC code (the community-supported responsive version - EDGE) here:

https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/archive/master.zip

AI is starting to make inroads, but it's still rather overhyped. For something requiring real human creativity and originality, it needs to improve in capability by several orders of magnitude. However, it already is being useful where you need help crunching lots of Big Data, in picking out trends and correlations that might swamp mere wetware. The point is that (to date) computers cannot exhibit real creativity, but can only do what they're programmed to do. Anything beyond that would require a degree of randomness (see subject of Free Will), which properly working computers don't do very well.

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. All your base are belong to us.

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get the latest community-supported responsive "Edge" release

Yeah, I get it. But in some sectors of the marketing, they might be found helpful and more efficient. When it comes to the analytical aspect, for example, customer behavior. I've heard there was a machine used in some stores which detects your mood by your facial features, so by using that managers are able to make a "profile" of their customers and know what to offer to them, and what are they willing to buy in their current mood.

But yeah, when it comes to creativity, I don't think they can outreach humans.

54 minutes ago, big_goals said:

I've heard there was a machine used in some stores which detects your mood by your facial features

That can never be accurate.

A facial expression cannot detect your "overall" mood.

If you walk in behind of me when  going into the store, and i just farted. How your facial expression will be at that moment?

If the employee of the store catch that moment and try to serve you in a particular way based on the current profile, and you was in a happy mood just before i farted.... how is that gonna be?

CONTACT ME as i am for HIRE

Get the latest osC code (the community-supported responsive version - EDGE) here:

2 hours ago, wHiTeHaT said:

If the employee of the store catch that moment and try to serve you in a particular way based on the current profile, and you was in a happy mood just before i farted.... how is that gonna be?

They can probably detect that Henry since you'd have likely emptied the store.   :laugh:

Dan

Get the latest osC code (the community-supported responsive version - EDGE) here:

EDGE:  Gold + Extra Commits such as bugfixes:

I think robots will be able to do financial work or even HR, but idk about Marketing. Like you said creativity and innovation are one of the most importnt skills you can have there, so I don't think they will be quite efficient