• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quotes addon/app?

Tsimi

I was wondering if anyone out there ever created a quote or get a quote addon.

The only one available is rather old. 

What such an quote addon should do is the following;

- A logged in customer selects a product with various options/attributes (on the product_info page) and sends then a quote request via e-mail to the shop owner.
- The shop owner should then be able to add/remove/edit that quote request or even create a new product for that quote and send the quote or link to product back to the customer.
- Only the customer that had send that quote request will be able to see the new quote and order that product.

Is something like that available? No matter if it is a free or commercial solution.
If it is a commercial solution let me know via PM.

The only one that does what you want, as far as I know, is my Quotes addon, which may be the one you referred to since it has not been updated in some time. It could be changed to work with a BS shop but won't as it is now.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@Jack_mcs

Yeah, your addon was the one I was referring to. It does most of what I need but it is not up to date and it would take some time to get it BS ready and a bit modularized.
My wife makes custom products and such a quotes feature would be exactly what she needs.
I had a quick look at it and most of the files need some coding update and some of the functions like the SQL stuff could be installed via HT module or Content module.

I could try to further improve it but I thought I ask first if someone had such work done already. No need to reinvent the wheel.
Or any other quotes solution besides that addon is welcome even if it is a commercial solution as long it does what your addon does but compatible with BS Edge.

Edited by Tsimi

There is also my Request Product Info addon.  It is just as old but a much simpler package to install. It doesn't have an admin interface like Quotes does but may do what you want.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The only difficulty is setting up a product that;

(a) only the relevant customer can see
(b) the product does not show in any of the product lists or menus

If you can easily solve (b) without too much code changes...(a) is fairly straightforward.

You could write some sort of admin page which allows you to;

1. select a customer
  2. fill up that customers cart

Then ask the customer to login where their cart is waiting for them.