• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Developer question -- $listing_sql variable strange behaviour

rudolfl

Hi all,

I am working on some enhancements and it appears that variable of $listing_sql used in /includes/modules/product_listing.php is saved between calls to the module. In my case index.php calls this module once, then it is called from a different pafe that doe snot have $listing_sql defined. Yet, as long as application_top.php" is included, variable is set. Any idea where is the code this variable is saved between page loads?

Thanks,

Rudolf

@wHiTeHat

I think you misunderstood the question. It looks like $listing_sql gets saved between page loads on its own and i can not find what does it. My problem is that I do NOT want it to be saved!

Rudolf

Are you setting $listing_sql as a session variable? That's about the only way it could persist.

Try adding unset($listing_sql); after the last place you use the variable.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Rudolf, $listing_sql is set in index.php, and next file by default is products_listing.php, you have there $listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql
so, to have copy of this query, you should make something like $listing2 = $listing_split; before $listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql
and then you could make $listing_split2 = new splitPageResults($listing2

But you colud have another files including, if you have customized version of osc.
Tell me pls example, what do you want to get from $listing_sql ?

1 hour ago, kymation said:

Are you setting $listing_sql as a session variable? That's about the only way it could persist.

Try adding unset($listing_sql); after the last place you use the variable.

Regards

Jim

I am unsetting it myself in a way suggested, but was curious where it gets remembered

I am not setting it myself anywhere. Looks like it is not being saved by osCommerce core, but one of the add-ons somewhere. And it is saved in session variable. Just hate leaving behind things I do not fully understand.

Rudolf

Archived