• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon] Facebook Pixel

BrockleyJohn

Facebook pixels feed tracking information from your site into Facebook.

The feature bears some similarities to Google Analytics but typically gives you more information about the behaviour of individuals and more detailed demographics.

The basic pixel gives information about page views. It can be extended with event tracking.

This addon implements the basic pixel and purchase event tracking with no code changes required.

Compatible with any osCommerce 2.3 version including 2.3.4BS Gold and Edge.

Designed to be compatible with stores implementing multiple currencies with different formats.

Download link to follow shortly...

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, revamp said:

How to install several facebook pixel codes?

What do you want to achieve?

I  have 3 facebook pixels for diffrent reasons and I want to put them all three in de website. I love your module solution (no core changes) so I wonder if it is possible to use the module for differtent Facebook pixels?

It is not too difficult to track the same events on 3 different pixels.

It is also possible, but more complicated to build into a module, to track different events on each pixel.

It it ok to have all three work together?

ok... new version coming soon!

28 minutes ago, BrockleyJohn said:

ok... new version coming soon!

That would be very nic,I think there are more people who are waiting for such a module.

That reminds me: can you do the same for other pixels, i.e. Google analytics or Google Tag Manager? It seems to me that one module could cover all, don't you think?

Choose how many pixels, also adds support for Search events and Complete Registration events. If you already have it installed there's no need to uninstall, it will add the defaults for new settings as soon as it is accessed.

ready for download: https://apps.oscommerce.com/ZT4uG&facebook-pixel

16 hours ago, BrockleyJohn said:

Choose how many pixels, also adds support for Search events and Complete Registration events. If you already have it installed there's no need to uninstall, it will add the defaults for new settings as soon as it is accessed.

ready for download: https://apps.oscommerce.com/ZT4uG&facebook-pixel

Many thanks for your fast follow up John.

1 minute ago, revamp said:

That reminds me: can you do the same for other pixels, i.e. Google analytics or Google Tag Manager? It seems to me that one module could cover it all, don't you think?

Go for it if you'd prefer just one; I'm sure it's possible. It might get a bit unwieldy, though. On the whole I'm against lumping things together unless there's a reason.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

hello, i am trying to install this facebook pixel to my oscommerce store.. I uploaded all the file to correct directories.. and it is not showing up under the modules/header tags.

what could I have done wrong.. 

I had a zencart for years.. I couldn't for the life of me get the facebook pixel to work correctly,  and i spent the last couple of days transferring my site back to oscommerce because you had this plugin.  but it's not showing up.

thank you for your help.

1 hour ago, kalibug said:

what could I have done wrong.. 

How long have you got?

Lets start with: you could have forgotten that you have to install it - is it in the list of ht modules when you press install?

Next, if you have copied something into the wrong place, you could be getting an error  and if you're not displaying errors you won't see it. Check admin/includes/application_top.php and after the settings for error_reporting near the top, put in

ini_set('display_errors',1);

report back and let me know what version of osc you're running too.

The pixel is showing..

now can you help me to get the content id to show,  where would i put the code below.

<script>
  fbq('track', 'ViewContent', {
    value: 10.00,
    currency: 'USD',
    content_ids: 'products_id',
    content_type: 'product',
  });

See I want to add my catalog to my facebook page so i can sell from the facebook page and sell on instagram.

@kalibug I have just uploaded a new version of the addon that supports the View Product event too. To get it to update simply upload the new header tags module file and then go to the settings in admin - I've made the default not to track these events as it requires having a catalog set up in Facebook, so you'll need to turn them on.

thank you so very much

I tell you I really can't imagine why more people don't do this.. two more avenues to sell from.. because once you get your facebook catalog working you can then add shopping button on Instagram.

I have been working on this for over a month using zen cart. and I couldn't get any help there..

but I see the OSCommerce is surpassed zencart in many ways.. I used OSCommerce a long time ago..

i have been doing this for many years.. 

so I sure hope this works I will let you know...  again thank you so much.

Below is what happened in the past not your plugin

i would get products to load on the facebook store.. but it showed out of stock,

it kept content id doesn't not match product id.  

10 hours ago, kalibug said:

the veiw content is not firing.. is that ok, will it still work?

Screenshot from 2019-07-24 17-47-08.png

It fires on the product page only

oh my word.. tears are streaming down my face as i write this.. 

thank you so much..

thank you so much

i don't have words to say.. i have been working on this for so long.. and try everything in my limited power.

thank you..