• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Banner not showing

Wardsweb

I uploaded a new animated GIF banner by way of the banner manager. I can view the banner in the banner manager, but when I activated it (green dot) it does not show up on the live page. I can deactivate (red dot) the original banner. The banner goes away. I then reactivate (green dot) and it shows back up on the live page. Just doesn't work for the new banner. What am I doing wrong?

Hi;

To begin with Kindly use the Inspect element panel of the browser to locate if the image is being loaded catalog side or if it resulting in any error....

It will help to know where the problem is originating in the first place. Then it may become easier for you to debug

Regds./

radhavallabh

18 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

I uploaded a new animated GIF banner by way of the banner manager. I can view the banner in the banner manager, but when I activated it (green dot) it does not show up on the live page. I can deactivate (red dot) the original banner. The banner goes away. I then reactivate (green dot) and it shows back up on the live page. Just doesn't work for the new banner. What am I doing wrong?

Is the NEW banner in the same "banner group" as the OLD one.

Banners system is not ideal.  Ability to create new Banner Groups, but then have to hardcode the Banner Group display in the front end.

Most likely your shop is hardcoded for a certain group name, and the new banner is not in that group.

Archived