• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to close sign up ?

theoisak

4 hours ago, theoisak said:

Hi

i have a site where i want to close sign up so only my registratet coustemer can buy my items ...
how can i close the sign up / new user function

Hi, How about removing the code related to create account link sitewide:

tep_href_link('create_account.php');

Hope it helps!

@theoisak

Maybe if you could explain exactly what you are trying to do, and why, we can give you a better answer.

Isn't the idea of a store to attract new customers? Or, are you using osC to, say, only make things available to members of a club, and not to the general population?

Out of the box, osC does not allow a guest checkout. Thus, all customers must have an account. As you have identified, you can remove the links to the create_account.php file, but people (hackers?) could still access the page by URL. Deleting (or better, renaming) the file should prevent that means of access.

Malcolm

7 hours ago, theoisak said:

it shut only be availabel to members of our club :) so the "new coustemer" function shut be removed so only admin can add members, we are running osc version 2.3.4

Hi, I agree with @ArtcoInc

In addition to removing the links.... Deleting or renaming the Create Account file catalog side will be the only and better way you could stop the access to it entirely and prevent hacking too..

Hence it will be only accessible by you on the admin side, where you can create accounts for club members only :)

Regds./

radhavallabh

8 hours ago, theoisak said:

can i then remove this ..if i delete creat_account.php it just says page not found .. that works great.. but if ican remove the information with the red X i will be SO GREAT :)
Happy new year !! :)

this.jpg

Hi, Sure

Comment out below php code... search for it in login.php :-

<?php echo HEADING_NEW_CUSTOMER; ?>

<?php echo TEXT_NEW_CUSTOMER . '<br><br>' . TEXT_NEW_CUSTOMER_INTRODUCTION; ?>

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?>

This shall do the needful!!

Warm Regds./

radhavallabh

Archived