Latest News: (loading..)
JcMagpie

Script to copy data from 2.2 to 2.3.4 database

Sorry I know this has been coverd before but thread is now closed and I am having problems.

This is the original post, I used it without any problem back in 2016! however when I use it now I get this error shown at end.

Not what has changed I am doing it exactly as before. Can anyone help

Error

There seems to be an error in your SQL query. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem

ERROR: Unknown Punctuation String @ 1
STR: <?
SQL: <?php
    error_reporting(E_ALL);

SQL query:

<?php error_reporting(E_ALL);

MySQL said: Documentation

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '<?php
    error_reporting(E_ALL)' at line 1

Your server is not interpreting the file as PHP. Did you give it a file extension of .php when saving it?

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

"<?php" and error_reporting() are PHP items. Why are you feeding PHP code to an SQL processor such as phpMyAdmin "import"? Are you using PHP code to read in SQL statements and send them on to MySQL? If so, something got messed up in the PHP, although it's a puzzle why SQL would be handling it.

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get (stable) Frozen or (unstable) Edge. See also the naming convention and the latest community-supported responsive "Edge" release