• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google Shopping for Clothing INTEGRATION

leatherdealer

Hi everyone,

I hope your shops are running well.

Sorry if this question might be considered rather "noobish".

So to get to my question: 

I'd like to know on how to properly integrate Google Shopping for clothing.

This means, I need to be able to add GTIN's to Products, as well as Size, Color attributes (Size, Color attributes: *Already possible but I don't know if it's going to be exported properly*)

Also do I need, either a text field for the respective shopping categories or a select list with all categories from the Google Shopping taxonomy.

My Store Version is 2.3.3 (And no, I don't want to upgrade to a later version)

I'd like to know if an Addon exists, which will do that Job for me. Wasn't able to find anything useful yet

Any help is greatly appreciated 

Good luck with Selling.

Flo

You can use the feedmachine:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/q=feedmachine

together with google product search feedmachine configuration:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/cWSWn&google-product-search-feed-feedmachine

It's old but flexible and configurable. You may need to update some settings to fit the actual feed rules.

• 2 weeks later...

a GTIN is an EAN and burt has code for that added in the responsive version if I remember well.

Should not be too hard to find that piece of code and apply it to your 2.3.3 as the responsive bootstrap version has not really touched on the admin side of things.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

17 hours ago, leatherdealer said:

Hi, thanks. But I need to add Product Codes(GTIN) to products in order to upload them to Google Shopping

GTIN IS RATHER NECESSARY FOR BOOKS.

IF GTIN IS NOT AVAILABLE GOOGLE APPROVES US OF BRAND OR MPN if we sell custom made or branded clothing.

FOR THIS I USE DIY METHOD.

I DOWNLOAD THE FEED CREATED ON MY SERVER, COPY THE PRODUCT ID COLUMN AND RE-PASTE IT AS A FRESH COLUMN ASSIGNING IT AS MPN at the top most row as mine are all custom made clothing and accessories.

Save as a copy re-upload to server hence let google shopping use that feed.

That shall be sufficient for google to approve the feed.!!!!! Hope it helps!

• 4 weeks later...
On 28.12.2017 at 5:35 AM, radhavallabh said:

GTIN IS RATHER NECESSARY FOR BOOKS.

IF GTIN IS NOT AVAILABLE GOOGLE APPROVES US OF BRAND OR MPN if we sell custom made or branded clothing.

FOR THIS I USE DIY METHOD.

I DOWNLOAD THE FEED CREATED ON MY SERVER, COPY THE PRODUCT ID COLUMN AND RE-PASTE IT AS A FRESH COLUMN ASSIGNING IT AS MPN at the top most row as mine are all custom made clothing and accessories.

Save as a copy re-upload to server hence let google shopping use that feed.

That shall be sufficient for google to approve the feed.!!!!! Hope it helps!

In germany and poland you need to use eans or gtins for Clothing as well. I need one ean for each size and color. How could I achieve that or is there any addon which might do that

Archived