• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Updated Stripe payment module

14steve14

I use Stripe as a payment method on my site and notice that the payment module itself has not been updated since 2014. The module works fine as it is so there is nothing to worry about. Stripe have updated their API recently and I was wondering if oscommerce was ever going to update this module.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I see it hasn't been updated in awhile. Looking to see if I can do it. Weird  thing I changed the API version in oscommerce and no errors. Not sure why? Also should use v3 for Stripe.js currently it's using v2.

Hopefully, someone also would add ApplePay and Bitcoin functions as well. The whole thing probably has to be rewritten for instance the new API uses this to create customer:

@Harald Ponce de Leon any news on updating Stripe?

\Stripe\Customer::create(array(
  "description" => "Customer for [email protected]",
  "source" => "tok_visa" // obtained with Stripe.js
));

description would be the customers email; source I think would be $token

Edited by tmcca

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

• 2 weeks later...

Dont wish to sound nasty, @BrockleyJohn but that doesn't help. By the way what is bitcoin.

To be honest I would have thought that @Harald Ponce de Leon may have updated this sooner as its a module that oscommerce created. Is there anyone else that could possibly help with how to update this module as Harald cant be bothered to support something that he created. Frustration is starting to tell.

@14steve14 no, I know - that was aimed at tmcca who wants it for bitcoin (yesterday's news - and the day before, and the day before that... and the subject of only about a quarter of the spam I get).

Are you in a rush for it?

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

@BrockleyJohn

My older installation seems to be working fine, its just that as its a module developed by Harald, then I was sort of hoping that maybe there was just the faintest hope that it my be officially updated, but lets not go there. Thats not to be by the looks of things. If I knew what I was doing I would have a stab at it, but thats way above my pay grade.

I had a quick look - as far as I can tell the high-level design of the stripe interface hasn't changed, just the implementation so it might be a case of rewriting all the calls against the new API rather than redesigning the module from scratch. However, it seems to be one of the most complicated payment methods so even if I'm right in that it's no small task.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear All,

I'm getting an error with Stripe Checkout. It says;

There has been an error processing your credit card

Please try again and if problems persist, please try another payment method.

Here is the debug email that I've received;

$HTTP_POST_VARS:

Array
(
    [matc] => on
)

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe I should've posted my issue here.  Stripe is telling me that unless I start using TLS later than 1.0, my store's requests will not go through as of June 13, 2018.  I am using the Harald Ponce de Leon module v.1.1.

Experience with a similar issue for UPS XML shipping tells me the issue is in the stripe.php file.  That's how we were able to upgrade the calls to TLS 1.2 with the UPS shipping module (upsxml.php).  I can't find similar code in the stripe.php file, however.  I'm pretty sure it has to do with the curl calls, but like you said, it's way above my pay grade.

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2018 at 7:26 PM, TomB01 said:

OK - at least with my hosting service (HostGator), it seems all I had to do was upgrade to PHP 5.4.  That fixed everything.

I also use HostGator and I've updated to php 5.4.  How do you know that the problem is solved?  I couldn't figure out how to test this.  Thanks.

• 11 months later...
52 minutes ago, Heatherbell said:

Do I just leave it blank then? 

Yep, just leave the proxy setting blank, works fine for me

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I received the following in an email from Stripe. Dont know how it changes things but if two factor authentication is required a new module will be required.

Speaking to Stripe they say I need to speak to a developer, but as I have already tried that looks like I and many others may need a new module or a new cart.

On 14 September 2019, a new European regulatory requirement called Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) will introduce two-factor authentication requirements for many online payments in Europe. We expect this regulation to be enforced in the UK regardless of the outcome of Brexit. Payments that aren’t authenticated will be declined by your customers’ banks.

We’ve released a new payments API and SCA-ready products to help you prepare for this change. To get ready for these new rules and avoid having many European payments declined, you’ll need to make changes to your payment flows and Stripe integration by 14 September 2019. Read our docs to learn more about SCA and the required changes.

@14steve14 I looked at the stripe integration docs, and I couldn't make head or tail out of it.  I agree it looks like a developer job. But who?

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

@JcMagpie Been using them for ages now. Cheaper than paypal and as I found out one day great customer support. No complaints here. Just have to be patient and wait for your money, but that will change apparently when the new modules are used as the risk for the processor changes.

Opencart module has been updated as have a few others so some can do it. Above my pay grade though.

Code does look a nightmare though. Hoping @HPDL gets on to this as he is now back. Other payment modules may also need changing to comply, but who knows.

Edited by 14steve14

You still have a couple of months before the deadline and even then it's not beeing turned off just may get more declines than normal.

SCA-ready products and APIs

Stripe has prepared pre-built and customizable solutions to help you prepare for SCA. You will need to update your integration to support 3D Secure 2 before September 14, 2019. Integrations that are not SCA-ready, such as ones that use the Charges API, will start seeing high rates of declines on September 14, 2019.

With Checkout and Billing, since Stripe manages the end-to-end experience, we can update your integration to prepare for future regulations with minimal changes required by you.

To prepare for SCA, you should:

1. Determine if your business is impacted

2. Decide which one of our new SCA-ready products is right for your business
  3. Make changes before September 14, 2019 in order to avoid declined payments

Had a look at the add-on and it's a certified one so not sure if you can just update it as it probably need to be submited for recertification.