• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal express and coupon codes

Jack_mcs

Paypal express, in the App, doesn't seem to handle coupon codes any longer.  It did at one point but either a change at paypal or in one of the App updates has caused the coupon codes to be ignored. Or maybe I am missing something obvious. Is anyone else seeing this?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Your answer isn't clear to me. Are you saying it works in your case or doesn't?

In express modules prior to the app, codes would not work. But they did work in the app at one point. The code would redirect to the payment page so a code could be entered. It doesn't now.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack @Jack_mcs,

The actual PayPal App doesn't show the discount amount and correct order total on PayPal site, but it always returns back to checkout confirmation, so the discount amount and correct order total is shown there. Another issue is where and how to introduce the discount coupon.

1, for normal checkout, going over checkout shipping and payment, it can be introduced on checkout payment page.

2. To use it together with the "Checkout with paypal" button (PayPal Express) on the shopping cart page, you'll need to install the shipping estimator and discount code module. Then the customer can introduce the discount code and see the correct ot's there before going to PayPal.

8 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

In express modules prior to the app, codes would not work. But they did work in the app at one point. The code would redirect to the payment page so a code could be entered. It doesn't now.

In older app versions and prior express versions (with some minor mods) you also needed the additional modules for shopping cart, but the discount and correct ot showed up on PayPal site.

I do not think that it redirected to checkout payment in any version (except when an error occured), flow was always PayPal => checkout success or PayPal => checkout_confirmation. The customer can/could go back to checkout payment from checkout confirmation with the edit payment button, so adding an aditional note could do it instead of the additional shopping cart modules.

rgds

Rainer

Thanks Rainer. I'm sure I tested express with codes before and it worked. I don't think the shipping estimator was installed but maybe it was. I'll give it a try.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived