Latest News: (loading..)
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cyperis

Product Status

4 posts in this topic

I think I'm overlooking something incredibly easy somewhere. Searches are turning up thirteen year old threads no longer relevant.

I wan't to keep products displayed after a customer has bought the last one. Currently I can have the store still show the products that are out of stock but I have to manually go in and set a product back to 'Active' status after the fact but I'm hopeful for a simple solution. I don't want to do away with the system for obvious reasons, just do away with the automated inactive switch... if that makes sense.

Any ideas?

@Cyperis Hi Clint,

Unfortunately you have to modify <<checkout_process.php>>.  Find the following 3 lines of code and comment them out completely:

if ( ($stock_left < 1) && (STOCK_ALLOW_CHECKOUT == 'false') ) {
          tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " set products_status = '0' where products_id = '" . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']) . "'");
        }

And you'll get the result you'd like to achieve.

Cheers, Eddy

Edited by Moxamint

@Moxamint Thanks Eddy, that was quick and worked perfect.

Edited by Cyperis

The block of code to turn off a products status only kicks in if stock is less than 1 AND stock_allow_checkout is set to false. 

Therefore you might get the results you need just setting stock_allow_checkout to true ....