• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Clearance Price addon

ken0306

Hi there,

I am looking for an addon allow me to apply clearance price on the items.

Here is the problem I have, for example

Product A selling price at 9.99, and clearance price at 5.55. Now we will have another promotion will running for 7 days at 50% off, during the promotion period, product A will selling at 4.99. after the promotion over, product A will coming back to clearance price 5.55.

The current special offer addon only allows me to add one special price on one product, after the promotion period, the price will be going back to regular price 9.99.

So is there any addon allow me to add a clearance price on products?

thank you

ken

You could just change the special price from 5.55 to 4.99, then change it back.

Gets clunky if you need to do more than a few.

Or

You could update the specials system to allow multiple levels of special price, and turn on/off as appropriate;
- add in start date
- update tep_expire_specials to also start specials

Gets clunky remembering what should start when and end when, etc

I used the following addon. It makes setting up specials really easy. You can bulk add to categories or manufacturers. Add start and finish dates. Add percentage or actual cost reductions. It does it all really.

https://apps.oscommerce.com/gb54x&easy-advanced-specials-admin

I cant remember what I changed to make it work with the latest versions, but if I could do it, it cant have been that hard.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

On 12/2/2017 at 3:15 AM, 14steve14 said:

I used the following addon. It makes setting up specials really easy. You can bulk add to categories or manufacturers. Add start and finish dates. Add percentage or actual cost reductions. It does it all really.

https://apps.oscommerce.com/gb54x&easy-advanced-specials-admin

I cant remember what I changed to make it work with the latest versions, but if I could do it, it cant have been that hard.

I am currently using the advanced specials to apply for my promotions too. However, my shop currently has over 10,000 items, and there are over 1000 items on clearance. During the holidays season, we often have a storewide sale, that is what the problem coming from after the sale. All price are going back to regular price and we need to spend a lot of time to find the correct price on the clearance items again. 

So, I wonder if there is any clearance price addon I can use the base for this kind of scenario.

thank you

ken

14 minutes ago, ken0306 said:

All price are going back to regular price

Hi, a very simple approach is to make a copy of the specials table before  storewide sale - via phpmyadmin - and then by renaming it to its original name after storewide sale time is over.

Best regards

Christoph

Just now, beerbee said:

Hi, a very simple approach is to make a copy of the specials table before  storewide sale - via phpmyadmin - and then by renaming it to its original name after storewide sale time is over.

Best regards

Christoph

This can be a temporary solution. But when we decide to extend so deals, this will not really work. Also if I removed the items during the promotions period, there will be additional data inserted into the special table.

thank you

ken

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2017 at 3:00 PM, ArtcoInc said:

Well damn, I'd forgotten about that.  

What this one does is separate specials into two groups; 
"normal" specials and "basement bargain" specials. 

It doesn't allow to have two special prices, which is what the OP wants (I think).

As for storewide discounts, I have a category discount setup on our shop.

We are in clearance mode for the physical shop - I defined different % for the top level categories. Modified the product page to show the discounted price. Only drawback is that it is not shown on the listing, nor in the shopping cart. Not perfect, but workable till I have a products class implemented with all the pricing logic.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Just very quickly tested and two levels or special on one product does not work.

Blue Widget = $99, special at $49 - all good
Add in a new special price at $20 - the cart still takes the $49 pricepoint - had to add in the second special using phpmyadmin.

So, here's a solution;

1. amend specials.php to allow shopowner to insert more than 1 price point per product
    - think this would be just a change to the dropdown that allows to select product
  2. have a check somewhere to tell shopowner if a product is detected that has more than 1 live special offer
    - admin dashboard maybe?
  3. Update tep_expire_special to also start specials (in addition to expiring specials)
    - maybe don't need this at all?

That should do it...

Anyone coding for "specials" and "clearances" needs to keep in mind whether the store owner wants to apply all discounts/percentages off/special prices, or just one (according to some rule), or possibly several. They probably don't want $10 off for a seasonal sale and $10 off for a clearance on a discontinued item, for $20 off a $15 original price! Same goes for percentage off, and if multiple discounts, how are they applied? Handling pricing rules for multiple discount programs can get very complicated very quickly, and that doesn't even get into time-limited offers.

• 6 months later...

@burt

@MrPhil   

hi,

i have 234.1Edge and trying to make the specials be able to modified in categories.php page, i found this old addon "special price input/edit  https://apps.oscommerce.com/Yquab",

. tep_draw_hidden_field('special_enable',
            $is_special = isset($spec['specials_new_products_price'])? '1':'0')
            . ' -> Special: '
            .tep_draw_input_field('specials_price',
            (isset($spec['specials_new_products_price']) ?
            number_format($spec['specials_new_products_price'],2,'.','')
            : ''),
            'AUTOCOMPLETE = OFF size="10" onKeyUp="updateSpecial();"')
            .' ';
            $checked = $spec['status'] ? 'checked':'';
            echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('is_active', '',
            $checked, 'no')  . 'Enable?'
            .'</p>'

it did work partially....why i said partial is because it can add the number, or %, and show up as specials at the front page, however, it can not set back to 0 / disable from the categories.php

something wrong I did or copy the wrong parts of the code?

Thanks!

47 minutes ago, ce7 said:

@burt

@MrPhil   

hi,

i have 234.1Edge and trying to make the specials be able to modified in categories.php page, i found this old addon "special price input/edit  https://apps.oscommerce.com/Yquab",

. tep_draw_hidden_field('special_enable',
            $is_special = isset($spec['specials_new_products_price'])? '1':'0')
            . ' -> Special: '
            .tep_draw_input_field('specials_price',
            (isset($spec['specials_new_products_price']) ?
            number_format($spec['specials_new_products_price'],2,'.','')
            : ''),
            'AUTOCOMPLETE = OFF size="10" onKeyUp="updateSpecial();"')
            .'&nbsp;';
            $checked = $spec['status'] ? 'checked':'';
            echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('is_active', '',
            $checked, 'no')  . 'Enable?'
            .'</p>'

it did work partially....why i said partial is because it can add the number, or %, and show up as specials at the front page, however, it can not set back to 0 / disable from the categories.php

something wrong I did or copy the wrong parts of the code?

Thanks!

what the code did is that it will show up at the admin/specials, but the status automatically set as red, not showing, so be able to show on front page, have to set it as green. I think need to have code to update, just i dont know how to write the code....   :-(

If go admin/specials and delete the specials, it does set the admin/categories.php the price as blank, so I guess this is how it work, not the way I think can modify it back as 0...

Archived