• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

cPath structure - "bind" the correct pathing?

gummipingvin

I have some problems with our website, Google crawls it and finds alot of "crazy" CPathing that is not "real" ... 

Example:
This is the correct CPath:
https://demo.oscommerce.com/index.php?cPath=3_13

And you can see in the menu that it "opens and bolds" the correct menu path.

Same content now but a "wrong" path:
https://demo.oscommerce.com/index.php?cPath=4_1_3_13

How to fix this problem? Is there any fix to this? 

This gives alot of duplicate content... and alot of "wrong" links... I have tried to source where they are coming from, because they cant be linked from the website etc...

Anyone worked with this problem?

• 4 weeks later...

Have you tried any of the SEO URL contributions?  They tend to standardize the URLs as part of their functionality.  Also consider providing a search engine page.  This would be a simple list of categories and products.  Then you can put nofollow on your category links on other pages.  That should limit the spider to the real URLs. 

Always back up before making changes.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 6:04 AM, gummipingvin said:

How to fix this problem? Is there any fix to this? 

This gives alot of duplicate content... and alot of "wrong" links... I have tried to source where they are coming from, because they cant be linked from the website etc...

This isn't a problem. Actually, it is an advantage. The links are to the same location, just through different paths. In order to have a duplicate content situation, you have to have two pages to compare against. There is only one page in this case and the search engines are smart enough to figure that out. If it really bothers you and you have my Header Tags SEO addon installed, there is an option in the setting to only use the last ID, though I think it is a mistake to use it. You should make sure you have a canonical meta tag for that page (all such pages), but otherwise you can ignore it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

You can try turn off Cpath URLS from configuration it may help you get rid of the problem too------- ONLY If use SEO URLS.

It will make it very easy!! For normal oscommerce 2.3.4 version you can use addon SEO URLS!!

Hope it helps!

Archived