osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Blocked loading mixed active content

Mikepo

using 2.3.4BS gold, php5.6

Firefox is blocking content giving the following in the console:

Blocked loading mixed active content "http://fonts.gstatic.com

Chrome doesn't show a mixed content.

I've searched the code and can't find reference to the google fonts.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

Find http://fonts.gstatic.com in the code, probably in includes/template_top.php, and change it to https://fonts.gstatic.com  or //fonts.gstatic.com 

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

That's what I searched for, but nothing was found.

Firefox states it's blocking this content, Chrome doesn't.

So, I'm confused.  Where does the reference to fonts.gstatic.com come from?

Is something being redirected to fonts.gstatic.com 

Has anyone else seen this content being blocked.

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

I checked the source code on my Responsive site and it is not referenced there so I'm guessing it's in one of the modules you've installed.

Dan

Thanks for checking Dan.

I've searched for 'gstatic' throughout my whole site, and it's not present, and it is only identified as mixed content when using Firefox.  With chrome no mixed content is identified. Strange!

l'll keep looking 

If you look at the source code on the page where you see that message, is it shown theret?  It could also be in your css files.

Dan

Hi,

do you have any Extensions loaded in your Browser? Maybe one of them injects this in your website.

Searching for "gstatic" produces contradictory results. Some say, it's ok, but other results suggest it's some sort of malware.

AD

There is no reference to gstatic.com in my code.  This morning the firefox web console doesn't show any mixed content, and the green padlock tells me the connect is secure with no blocked content.

What I did notice, the PC I'm using is also my test XAMPP server, and if I'm browsing my test site (using a tab in firefox) I see mixed content and this seems to appear in the tab I'm using to browse my internet site. i.e.  if I'm not browsing my test shop, then the mixed content isn't shown on the internet shop.  Strange, but I have no further explanation.

Mike

fonts.gstatic is google fonts. You probably have it enabled in your google account. As such, it probably won't work with a local setup. You can ask on googles developer forum for help with it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@Jack_mcs, @wHiTeHaT

i checked all files and there is no reference to fonts.gstatic.com or  fonts.googlespis with only http.

i checked all php and css files.

I'll have to check on the google forums to see if they can shed light on this.

thanks everyone for helping

Mike

Have you brought up the offending page's HTML source in your browser ("View Source")? That might clearly show the string "gstatic" etc., and give you an idea where to look in the PHP, JS, and CSS files. If it doesn't show up there, have you also looked in the Javascript files you load? Are you using a tool such as "grep" or "findstr" to search masses of files for a string, rather than looking in an editor one-by-one? You'd be amazed at how many people don't learn such a simple shortcut!

• 1 month later...
On 27/11/2017 at 11:49 PM, Mikepo said:

@Jack_mcs, @wHiTeHaT

i checked all files and there is no reference to fonts.gstatic.com or  fonts.googlespis with only http.

i checked all php and css files.

I'll have to check on the google forums to see if they can shed light on this.

thanks everyone for helping

Mike

Hi Mike ,

don't know if you resolved in the mean time but i had some in the template_top.php,took me too a while to find them..

hope it helps.bye

@desmoulins22, thanks for the info, my issue was resolved, as it must of been something to do with my google account and my test system.  Not too sure I understand, but the blocked mixed content has gone away.  Thanks for asking

Mike

Archived