Latest News: (loading..)

16 posts in this topic

Surfalot CMS is an osCommerce App designed to help the developer and shop owner alike build, maintain, and organize content easily in one place. TinyMCE is integrated to provide WYSIWYG content editing.

Create new content and insert it into your navigation quickly and easily directly in the admin. Edit content on existing pages by placing a small template code snippet on your target page. The responsive features of osCommerce v2.3.4 Community Edition are maintained throughout the App.

Full osCommerce built-in cache support is available. If your shop runs with osCommerce cache, Surfalot CMS will cache all the page queries so your shop maintains peak performance. Dynamic content from the additional shortcode module is still injected at display time.

This is designed specifically for osCommerce v2.3.4 Community Edition. This project was started to see how far I could stretch the "no core changes" principles driving this fabulous osCommerce version with content creation. osCommerce v2.3.4 Official is also supported.

Main Features

Create and WYSIWYG Edit Site Pages
Create and WYSIWYG Edit Content and Blocks
Manage page titles, page content, breadcrumb, and meta tags in the admin
Create Navigation with a Navbar Module and Sidebar Box Module
osCommerce Cache Support
Easy install App requires changes to only a few files
Place content using existing osC Template groups and create your own
Integrated TinyMCE WYSIWYG editor

Navigation Features

Full featured Navigation manager
Manage your Navbar menu with text, links, and existing modules
Manage a sidebar information box with new or existing pages and links
Specify Font Awesome icons for all Navbar items
Compatible with existing Navigation modules
Include Surfalot CMS page items anywhere in the Navbar

Download: https://apps.oscommerce.com/iJnr7

Edited by surfalot
Added download link
raiwa, bruyndoncx, frankl and 2 others like this

sounds like the holy grail :)

surfalot likes this

For the lazy person living inside me :biggrin:, is there a demo site or video/images etc that we could have a look at?

Dan

16 hours ago, Dan Cole said:

For the lazy person living inside me :biggrin:, is there a demo site or video/images etc that we could have a look at?

Dan

There are screen shots included on the addon's page. I'm certainly way behind the ball if other addon donors are creating videos these days. lol  I'm really not trying to sell anything here :biggrin:

Simply put, it allows you to edit content in the admin instead of editing the language files.

It's pretty simple as far as operation. Create a new page in the Surfalot CMS addon admin, type in the content you want, save. Add a code snippet in the location of the page in which you want it to appear on the front end. In the case of the community addition, there are already 2 places you can run with on the index page. The Conditions, Privacy, and Shipping info pages you can simply create the content and it will automatically override the language files.

I think the ability to add pages and update the menu in the admin is much easier than creating a module every time we want a new nav menu items for the community editions. That's pretty straight forward I think.

I created extensive help docs to go with it. Extensive, that is, compared to what I remember from contributions of years past anyway.

It's a simple install for community editions. only two file changes and you don't even need to change the template class if you don't want or need realtime sorting of sidebar and nav menu items. It has a built in database update and removal, if you don't like it, delete the files after a one button database cleaning.

Don't know what help it is, but my site was built using it. All the content on the forward facing pages are stored in Surfalot CMS in osCommerce. I may be one of the few web developers here that put my money where my mouth is and made my side with osCommerce. http://surfalot.com:smile: I'm seeing a lot of WordPress out there.

beerbee likes this

That's a good overview Todd. In fact it's good enough to get me to download it and have a look.  Thanks for taking the time to motivate the lazy person in me. :biggrin:

Dan

Hi, reminds me of oscms.

Best regards

Christoph

2 hours ago, beerbee said:

Hi, reminds me of oscms.

Best regards

Christoph

interesting. similarities must be on a very basic level. There is much more to this than there could have been when that was done.

This was inspired by my original Define Content contribution from 2006 and in a small part, the Page Editor contrib 2841. I can't remember what I didn't like about oscms back then. I couldn't find a content editor with which I was comfortable.

I'm certainly looking for any feedback on what could be done better.

hi surfalot 

i got this error Call to a member function isRestricted() on null in \includes\apps\surfcms\admin\functions\boxes.php on line 30

how to resolve this

14 hours ago, sudhara429 said:

hi surfalot 

i got this error Call to a member function isRestricted() on null in \includes\apps\surfcms\admin\functions\boxes.php on line 30

how to resolve this

what PHP version and what osCommerce version are you using?

39 minutes ago, surfalot said:

php 5.6

17 minutes ago, sudhara429 said:

php 5.6

and the osCommerce version?

19 hours ago, surfalot said:

Windows PHP must be handling errors on passing globals different from the LAMP. I updated the package. I shouldn't have coded it that way anyway.

Changes
  + Removed use of $_SESSION['admin'] in favor of the more compatible global $admin

Update from previous version:
  + Upload and replace all original new files in folder: "catalog (new files)"

I seem to have an issue.

I followed the instructions complete - using Beyond Compare for the very few required modifications. I got to the step to "List all" and click "Configure".  Now I have the top portion displaying in admin - with nothing else but a blank screen.

My main shop is completely blank.  No logo, no text - nothing.  I have installed no other layout modifications, and have done no customizations besides the store name and logo.  Other than that, I have only loaded all the products from .csv so reinstalling isn't an option for me as I have over 3000 items.

I am using osCommerce 2.3.4.1 as supplied through cPanel.  Not the Gold or Edge releases.

========================

It was completely my fault.  I missed the mod to admin/includes/application_top.php and the upload of hooks.php

Sorry.

Edited by tornrawks
SOLVED

OK I am back and this time it is not my fault (I believe):

Under Header Tags, I have no "SEO - Pages" module - neither installed, nor available to install.  Nor does it seem to be on the Add-Ons pages.

I will carry on with things minus that option for now until I see a response here.

EDIT:

OK, clicking "Install Sample Menu" causes the Store that the public would visit to go 100% blank upon loading.  I've gone to "Uninstall" in Surfalot CMS->Utilities and that fixed it for now.

I am not doing ANYTHING else until I get some advice.  Of course the question is:  Is this supposed to be able to work with the stock released 2.3.4.1 that everyone would have available on cPanel through their hosting providers.

Thanks and awaiting news.....

Edited by tornrawks
but wait...there's more....

7 hours ago, tornrawks said:

Under Header Tags, I have no "SEO - Pages" module - neither installed, nor available to install.  Nor does it seem to be on the Add-Ons pages.

I will carry on with things minus that option for now until I see a response here.

EDIT:

OK, clicking "Install Sample Menu" causes the Store that the public would visit to go 100% blank upon loading.  I've gone to "Uninstall" in Surfalot CMS->Utilities and that fixed it for now.

I am not doing ANYTHING else until I get some advice.  Of course the question is:  Is this supposed to be able to work with the stock released 2.3.4.1 that everyone would have available on cPanel through their hosting providers.

Thanks and awaiting news.....

"2.3.4 Official" folder and instructions was developed for the Official release of osCommerce that is downloaded from this site. I have not tried it on the cPanel installed version. But that also depends on which software installer you have in your cPanel also. There are several available including Fantastico and Softaculous. In the past Fantastico has offered a modified version.

Please make sure you are using the "2.3.4 Official" folder in the package and have followed those install instructions.

The "SEO - Pages" module should be there if you uploaded the "catalog (useful edge modules)" files in that 2.3.4 Official install

As long as all the files were uploaded and the few modified files where installed correctly, it should be fine.  You should check the file "error_log" in the root of your shop for an error if you see a blank page.