• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin area not displayed properly

oscomstudent

I have installed oscommerce v2.3.4 using installatron of the web hosting company. After installation I've added dutch language files and SSL.

In the admin area all menu listings at the left are not displayed properly anymore. A part of the first letter of every line in the menu is missing. 

Who knows what might be causing this and how to fix it?

admin_area.JPG

@oscomstudent

1) If you installed osCommerce from your host's selection of installable software, you most likely have an obsolete version of osCommerce. Since you are just starting out, I would strongly suggest that you start over with the community Edge version of osC. It is both responsive (usable on phones, tablets, etc) and PHP 7 compliant. If you continue with the version you have, it will crash when your host upgrades their version of PHP. You can find this version here here:

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/archive/master.zip

2) Once you have installed the newest version, make sure that the entire store, including the Admin side, works before making changes. Adding a SSL certificate to your site *should* not have created this problem, but it's difficult to tell the cause when more than one thing has changed. Change one thing at a time, and test everything before making the next change.

HTH

Malcolm

Archived