• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order notification email not working

psleman

Hello Forum,

On one of my companies sites the order notification email is not being sent to our customers as well as to the store owner email address.  I think it has to do with the "checkout process" file. Below is the code that does not seem to be working.  Any feedback will be welcome. Thank you. 

// by azad for converting \n to <br>
  //$email_order = str_replace("\n", "<br><br>", $email_order);
  $email_order = str_replace("United Parcel Service", "Shipping Information ", $email_order);
 //send email to customer
tep_mail ($order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'], $order->STORE_OWNER['email_address'], CONFIRMATION, ' ' , $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
 //tep_mail("", "", EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, "", "");
  //send email to store manager
//tep_mail ($order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'], $order->STORE_OWNER['email_address'], CONFIRMATION. ' ' , //$email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

// send emails to other people
(SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '')
tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

// load the after_process function from the payment modules
  $payment_modules->after_process();

$cart->reset(true);

• 1 month later...

Are any emails sending?  Order?  Customer registration?  Forgot password? 

Have you tried Harald's test script:  https://apps.oscommerce.com/FZ5wN&e-mail-testing-script

That just uses the base PHP functions, so it tells you if the problem is store (usually configuration) or PHP. 

You may want to check the log files for the site.  Sometimes they will tell you something useful. 

The $order->STORE_OWNER['email_address'] looks to be wrong.  The line should probably be

tep_mail($order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'], $order->customer['email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

Always back up before making changes.

Hi Folks,

For 10 years my 'Order Process' emails have been hit and miss. It's been 6 months since one has sent.

After some digging around I found a suggestion at oscmax forum that it may be the mail server blocking due to the words 'Order Process'. I called my host, Godaddy who checked and confirmed there were not restrictions specifically on my account although... After changing ...includes/languages/english/checkout_process.php   define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT', ' Order Process');   to define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT', ' MyStoreName Order Confirmation'); I am now getting order confirmation emails.

I hope this helps others too.

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2017 at 1:01 PM, mmph said:

Hi Folks,

For 10 years my 'Order Process' emails have been hit and miss. It's been 6 months since one has sent.

After some digging around I found a suggestion at oscmax forum that it may be the mail server blocking due to the words 'Order Process'. I called my host, Godaddy who checked and confirmed there were not restrictions specifically on my account although... After changing ...includes/languages/english/checkout_process.php   define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT', ' Order Process');   to define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT', ' MyStoreName Order Confirmation'); I am now getting order confirmation emails.

I hope this helps others too.

I regret to report that my order confirmation emails have stopped sending again. All other store emails function properly. I'm back to the drawing boards.

19 minutes ago, mmph said:

I regret to report that my order confirmation emails have stopped sending again. All other store emails function properly. I'm back to the drawing boards.

I should also note that my work around may still be applicable although I am using One Page Checkout which may also be the cause of order confirmation emails not sending. I cannot turn of OPC at the moment because I get and SSL warning without it stopping customers from checking out.

Archived