Latest News: (loading..)
discxpress

Google's Rankbrain and the current state of SEO

It's my experience that advertising on FB is utterly useless.

Your experience!

For what reasons that could be?

Is your merchandise fitting into the social aspects of fb (or other channels).

- Advertise lawnmowers in the winter? (Seasonable merchandise).

- Are your prices attractive enough?

- How's the shipping?

- What is the competitive difference between you and the other 1000+ shops selling the same?

- Does your site look like crap?

- Do you have good reviews, and are these reachable/visable/spread out so that you build up trust. 

When get some ctr, are they hook-off?

Do you even monitor ctr?

What are your expectations?

Are you realistic enough?

Should you even had use that advertising option under the current conditions, or you just gave it a shot without thinking about minimum the above mentioned, and more.

ps: i not say that you didnt do that, and even more then mentioned to gain more leads.

But just "shouting", it is useless and not giving any info about measurements taken. it is just shouting.

Edited by wHiTeHaT

On 11/12/2017 at 11:06 AM, frankl said:

I suggest not reading any of those SEO "experts" and just focus on giving your customers a great experience. Repeat business is what you want, not a continual frenetic hunt for new clients through Google.

Very true, however, these days more and more customers can come to your site and buy your things because your Google score is higher than other companies selling the same thing.

9 hours ago, big_goals said:

Very true, however, these days more and more customers can come to your site and buy your things because your Google score is higher than other companies selling the same thing.

I agree @big_goals. Getting them there the first time and converting into buyers is the challenge. 

It's kind of annoying though. Not always the products that are featured in the beginning are the best ones out there. Also, this makes it very challenging for new businesses to go to the level of the dominant ones.

Yes, that is a constant problem -- if a site with inferior products has great SEO and has been around for a while and has some authoritative links to them, they can have an advantage over a young site with better products. People should look at product reviews and the like (do in-depth research), but tend to be lazy and just look at the first page of Google results. All I can suggest is that you make sure your SEO efforts are top-notch, including getting some links (good reviews) from respected review sites, and maybe you can level the playing field a bit.

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get the latest community-supported responsive "Edge" release