• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Order Email Notification not sending

Peter Ordonez

Hi,

a question: You as the shopowner or as customer?

In the first case this would have to be configured: admin->confguration->my store->Send Extra Order Emails To

Best regards

Christoph

On 10/26/2017 at 8:54 PM, beerbee said:

Hi,

a question: You as the shopowner or as customer?

In the first case this would have to be configured: admin->confguration->my store->Send Extra Order Emails To

Best regards

Christoph

Hi beerbee,

me as a shopowner,

i already configured that settings. but still same no email is sending to me when there is new order.

Hi Peter,

sorry no solution but 3 more questions:

Does the customer get order confirmation email?

Is the admin email configured like this: 

Peter<your@email.shop>

Are there any special characters in the name like Ordóñez?

Look if you got an mail.log file on your server, maybe you'll find the reason there.

Best regards

Christoph

57 minutes ago, beerbee said:

Hi Peter,

sorry no solution but 3 more questions:

Does the customer get order confirmation email?

Is the admin email configured like this: 

Peter<your@email.shop>

Are there any special characters in the name like Ordóñez?

Look if you got an mail.log file on your server, maybe you'll find the reason there.

Best regards

Christoph

the customer only getting email if i update their order.

i tried Peter<[email protected]> and [email protected]

but still no luck,

i already installed fresh oscom.

Sorry but I had to ask that. 

More questions: customer gets an email when he as registered as new customer?

Any Special characters in subject of order confirmation?

It seems to me now that emails getting initiated by the catalog side are not working and those from the admin side do work, try the contact_us form do you get emails?

Best regards

Christoph

2 hours ago, Peter Ordonez said:

where can i locate this?

I was asking this because this happened to me if the customer would have special chars in his name (in Germany umlauts like ä ü etc.) And this could happen too if the shop name, or the recipients name would contain special chars. So the problem seems to be only for order confirmations..it seems not to be depending on  whether from admin or catalog side mail gets initiated.

Please look for mail.log there should be very likely a kind of error report in it. I am clueless now.

Best regards

Christoph

All questions start again and again...

I see that never focused to my works so I feel bad again. Sorry I could not achive to build into the core...
@beerbee

https://github.com/osCommerce/oscommerce2/pull/13/files#diff-a82bae33d28d4b45a23b10e8e9178d00

We dont know @Peter Ordonez  's settings but orders status email wont go out if sender and reciver has the same email address.. This is a beginer issue when shop owner want to test as customer and use the same email address.

I am not the best who can speak fluently on english but a mother languge forumer could write the following pages for BS owners..

https://library.oscommerce.com/Online&en&oscom_2_3&getting_started

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

@Peter Ordonez so neither email goes out when an order is placed. What payment method are you using for your test? In some cases the payment module sends the emails but in others it is done in checkout_process.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

16 minutes ago, Peter Ordonez said:

@BrockleyJohn im using COD for testing, but still no email receive when new order has placed.

and your buyer email is different from the two in admin?

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Strange. A fresh oscommerce from the downloads area or somewhere else?

Hmm my best guess is there's something wrong with the godaddy installation. It seems your checkout_process.php is not behaving as it should. You have a couple of alternatives:

• attach your checkout_process.php (not copy & paste but attach!) and I'll see if I can spot the problem which you can then pass back to godaddy for them to fix their installation
  • or (and?) start over with a fresh installation from here: https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/archive/master.zip which will give you a responsive, php7-compliant oscommerce installation in which the new order emails work. It's not the official osc release, it's the community project (better than the current official release) and with just as much support on here.

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks,

For 10 years my 'Order Process' emails have been hit and miss. It's been 6 months since one has sent.

After some digging around I found a suggestion at oscmax forum that it may be the mail server blocking due to the words 'Order Process'. I called my host, Godaddy who checked and confirmed there were not restrictions specifically on my account although... After changing ...includes/languages/english/checkout_process.php   define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT', ' Order Process');   to define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT', ' MyStoreName Order Confirmation'); I am now getting order confirmation emails.

I hope this helps others too.

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2017 at 1:00 PM, mmph said:

Hi Folks,

For 10 years my 'Order Process' emails have been hit and miss. It's been 6 months since one has sent.

After some digging around I found a suggestion at oscmax forum that it may be the mail server blocking due to the words 'Order Process'. I called my host, Godaddy who checked and confirmed there were not restrictions specifically on my account although... After changing ...includes/languages/english/checkout_process.php   define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT', ' Order Process');   to define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT', ' MyStoreName Order Confirmation'); I am now getting order confirmation emails.

I hope this helps others too.

I regret to report that my order confirmation emails have stopped sending again. All other store emails function properly. I'm back to the drawing boards.

18 minutes ago, mmph said:

I regret to report that my order confirmation emails have stopped sending again. All other store emails function properly. I'm back to the drawing boards.

I should also note that my work around may still be applicable although I am using One Page Checkout which may also be the cause of order confirmation emails not sending. I cannot turn of OPC at the moment because I get and SSL warning without it stopping customers from checking out.

Archived