• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I edit "Contact Information" page?

kpiper

I just took over an OSCommerce site. I am new to OSCommerce. I need to update the store hours on the "Contact Information" page in the OSCommerce store. But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to access the original content in order to update the hours! The website is http://cowcatcher.us/store/catalog/index.php. Can anyone tell me where to go inside the store settings to update the "Contact Information" page? Thanks SO MUCH in advance for your assistance!

@kpiper

Do you have the necessary rights to access, edit, and/or upload files to your host? You will need to edit the file I mentioned in my 3rd post (see above). You will need a PLAIN TEXT editor (such as Notepad or Notepad++), *NOT* something line Word, Pagemaker, or Dreamweaver.

That file may have a combination of HTML and plain text. Are you comfortable in making those edits? Do you know how to either edit the file in place, or download it, edit it, and then upload it back to the server?

Malcolm

@kpiper

Since you are taking over the maintenance of this site, this might be a good time to recommend upgrading the shop to the newer version of osCommerce. Your version (2.3.4) is several years old, and will crash when your host upgrades their version of PHP.

Besides, the new version of osC is also responsive, which means that it works well on smart phones and tablets. Plus, Google is giving extra points to sites that are responsive,

While it would mean starting a new store from scratch, you should be able to transfer all of your products and customer data from your old site to the new store.

Malcolm

Archived