• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

banner and logo confusion

nikks146

Hi,  I have been trying to add my own logo and banner, but rather meddled I think, and am now stuck, if anyone could please advise, I seem to have a rather large OScommerce across my shop ,https://vauxhallgreenparts.co.uk/ecom/, also how do I put one product in more than one category, is there any easy way rather than doing it manually thank you

thank you kind regards

Nikki

20 minutes ago, nikks146 said:

Hi,  I have been trying to add my own logo and banner, but rather meddled I think, and am now stuck, if anyone could please advise, I seem to have a rather large OScommerce across my shop ,https://vauxhallgreenparts.co.uk/ecom/, also how do I put one product in more than one category, is there any easy way rather than doing it manually thank you

thank you kind regards

Nikki

Nikki,

The issue you're having is caused by your image, it has a lot of blank space both above and below the actual text. As for the multiple categories there is an addon to allow that. 

4 minutes ago, nikks146 said:

Hi Lee

Thank you , like an idiot I didnt back up before meddling, is there a way of returning it to what it was ?

thank you

The simplest way would be to reinstall but that depends on any other changes you have made. 

Have you considered using the bootstrap version though? This makes the site mobile friendly.

Feel free to inbox me if you want to discuss further.

@nikks146

1) The size of your logo is too big. You'll need to alter the size of the image. A program such as Photoshop can be used to change the size. Typically, the logo should only be about 200 px tall.

2) In the newer bootstrap versions of osC, you can list a product in more than one categories without any other add-ons.

3) Since you are still early in the development of your site, I also highly recommend that you use the latest 'Edge' bootstrap version of osC, available here:

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/archive/master.zip

The version you are using is obsolete, and will crash if/when your host upgrades their version of PHP. Being responsive allows your customers to access your site from their phones and tablets. And, Google is giving greater importance to sites that are responsive.

Moving to osC Edge will mean starting over, though.

Back up everything! Back up! Back up! Back up! :cool:

HTH

Malcolm

Since the previous message I was advised it was in the wrong place so went back and started again, now I cant find it again

could someone please assist with step by step instructions (or show me where to find them please I do want to help myself) on how to upload the file and get it working in my cpanel , thank you very much

@nikks146

I don't know how your host sets up their servers. On my host, all of my websites are INSIDE the _public_html directory. For example:

_public_html/<my website 1>

_public_html/<my website 2>

If you can access your main website through your domain name (ie: www.<your domain>.com), your test site should then be available under that (ex: www.<your domain>.com/<my website 1>)

HTH

Malcolm

PS: I find using an FTP client such as FileZilla much more convenient than going through my host's cPanel.

Hi Thank you for your help, but I seem to be getting more confused :-( , when i installed the first version (now obsolete) i could find it at vauxhallgreenparts/ecom, but now i have used the new version I don/t know what file i am trying to access, i have tried http://vauxhallgreenparts.co.uk/responsive-oscommerce-master/admin   and many other variations, to no avail. I uploaded the files via my windows explorer, but it will look at file zilla thank you

kind regards

nikki

Archived