• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Updating to the latest version from a February installation of edge

In February this year I was forced to start with a completely new install of OSC to make my previous installation run with PHP 5.6. I installed the responsive master on February 12.

I tried to avoid core file changes and went for modular contributions where possible but this was not always possible. At least 50% of the required contribution add-ons still required some core file changes.:(

Now I want to update to the latest version to get my shop running under PHP7. In addition to all the minor commits that just modified a few files, there have been two 'major' commits with 279 modified files (from February 26, and - almost the same with 277 filesĀ  (!!??) again - from May 11, both by BrockleyJohn.

What would be the best way to add these? Unfortunately I can't find a way to download only the files from github that have been modified since my initial installation on February 12. Then I would have overwritten all my files from that initial date and would have manually taken care of all files with a later date (= those I had to modify).

In the latest master.zip all files have an identical date August 30, so no chance to get only the files I need from that one, either.

Maybe there is a simple solution I just don't see - I admit I am not too much into all options at github. Thanks for help.

Archived