• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Forget password not working

psleman

I have a problem with the forget password in that my users are not getting the email which prompts them to reset their password after they enter their email address.  I tested it and it is not coming to my email at all not even to my spam/junk email folder. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you. 

I also have an account using my gmail address and I tested the forget password function and I actually got the email to reset my password. So I am wondering if there is some sort of compatibility issue with Outlook not being able to receive the reset password email.  Any thoughts welcome. Thank you. 

• 3 weeks later...

If you can receive the email via Gmail and can't receive it  through some other kind of account that you check through Outlook, I'd try asking your email provider for help. 

Another thing that you can do is check your headers in the Gmail message.  Here are the instructions to check headers in Gmail:  https://support.google.com/mail/answer/29436?hl=en

That may tell you something interesting about the sender (your osCommerce store). 

If the email is intermittently working, then there's a good chance that it's not the PHP code.  It might be a problem with your host or your domain.  Your email provider should be able to help you diagnose why it isn't working.  If not, you might try giving us more detail.  The problem is that the next level of detail is relatively private, things like your store URL and email address that appear in the email/headers. 

Always back up before making changes.

Archived