Latest News: (loading..)
valquiria23

Where is Burt post?

18 posts in this topic

I'm just guessing but I would assume Harald did. I tried to find the post this morning as well and it's gone.

I'm unsure but maybe it broke some forum rules or something?

At this moment some countries like Iran, North Korea and Germany 1942 comes to my head ....

The topic is no longer publicly reachable and is now being addressed internally.

Transparency is the hallmark of the most successful Open Source projects. Hiding the dirty laundry results in confusion and distrust, and ultimately damages the project, often beyond repair. Please consider this as a positive plea to improve osCommerce.

Regards

Jim

mattjt83 and valquiria23 like this

Dear @Harald Ponce de Leon

In Iran, North Korea and 1942 Germany the dialogue is no publicly reachable and is being addressed internally.... :sad:

Please consider this action, I (and I guess everyone else) would love to know your opinions more often. 

Everyone who agrees please give me a LIKE

With love for osCommerce

Valqui

kymation likes this

This is hardly Iran, North Korea or 1942 Germany. With all due respect, that is an insult to those who have had to endure the horrors of those regimes.

While I agree that open discussion should be allowed, it sounds to me like Harald and Burt are discussing this matter privately, with a positive outcome to be revealed. We should respect that.

Let's be patient. If nothing's changed after a time, those who still want to bellyache, can.

Me, I'm staying positive and going to continue keeping osCommerce moving.

Right now I'm working on AJAX add and remove from cart, AJAX add and remove wishlist (in this case called myCartridges), and Mailchimp/Mandrill integration. Give it a try https://www.ink-cartridge.com.au/pzone/

Posted (edited)

Well said Frank.

The businessman in me cringes at reading a topic which turns quickly into bashing by some.  Not good reading for anyone coming to this forum looking to make a decision about what shopping cart software to use. I think Gary's intentions were laid out clearly in that it was intended to be a constructive discussion and where he was genuinely asking others for help.

Whatever the status of new versions etc. are, I am grateful for this (free) software and the work done by everyone on it, including Gary (for an incredible responsive version) and of course, the founder, Harald. I've learned things I would otherwise never have. I have far more autonomy over my hobbyist website than if I were locked into a hosting solution like shopify (which btw I trialled before coming back to osCommerce). Add-ons are free. Gary's many add ons are fantastic and all he asks for in return are nominal "pledgies" towards the project. Of course I wish more people showed their support with their wallets rather than words judging by the measly sum that has been pledged thus far. Many people are willing to go over and beyond to help others on this forum. I have been the beneficiary of the expertise of many forum members. There are great foundations here and I look forward to osCommerce's future. I would love to help any way I can. I believe in the power of a community and this community still looks like it has a lot of support from its members.

Peter

Edited by peterpil19

I agree with Frank. Brow-beating Harold won't accomplish anything. I say to take him at his word and wait. I know we've all been waiting for a very long time but we've no idea what is going on in his life that may be affecting this. I just don't believe that he would walk away from the project.

frankl likes this

9 hours ago, frankl said:

This is hardly Iran, North Korea or 1942 Germany. With all due respect, that is an insult to those who have had to endure the horrors of those regimes.

While I agree that open discussion should be allowed, it sounds to me like Harald and Burt are discussing this matter privately, with a positive outcome to be revealed. We should respect that.

Let's be patient. If nothing's changed after a time, those who still want to bellyache, can.

Me, I'm staying positive and going to continue keeping osCommerce moving.

Right now I'm working on AJAX add and remove from cart, AJAX add and remove wishlist (in this case called myCartridges), and Mailchimp/Mandrill integration. Give it a try https://www.ink-cartridge.com.au/pzone/

Hi Frank just tried the ajax add to cart ... very nice congrats

11 hours ago, frankl said:

The mailchimp addon is a good idea, I'm happy to help with this in anyway I can

2 hours ago, douglaswalker said:

Hi Frank just tried the ajax add to cart ... very nice congrats

@frankl I too just tried the ajax add/remove to cart.  A nice feature

My concerns for this software and community have been noted and will be addressed by Harald in the next few days.

Until then, when we see what Harald proposes, let's keep on moving forward.