• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error:Currently Shipment is not available for the selected shipping address.

nssdcg76

Out of the sudden I´m getting this error on an oscommerce installation that had been working withoutt an issue for probably a year: Currently Shipment is not available for the selected shipping address. Please select or create a new shipping address to use with your purchase.

2017-10-02.thumb.jpg.a74b8a482ea2f287d3eccf6af3535e05.jpg

According to my client the only thing he changed was the shipping rates to 1:500,500:500,1000:1000,2001:1500,3001:2000,6000:2500,7000:3000

59d2885b1309d_2017-10-02(1).thumb.jpg.988259d3d54638f292bc4580b9dd42b8.jpg

I´ve deleted the moduled, installed it again and nothing. The zones are set correctly.

And I´ve noticed the oddest thing happening if i reload the page with the error it disappears.

Help me please, I can´t figure out what´s happening! :(

Was the cost of the items in your cart over 7000? That's the highest value your shipping table is set to handle, so anything over that will not get a quote.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 1 month later...

Hola Nadia @nssdcg76,

Could you post the old, working, price/cost table to compare. Make sure you copied the actual table from the module, so any type error shows up and post it again.

Are you sure that there are no other changes:

- zone setup

- php version

Try to temporary install another module like flat rate with the same zone setup. If this works you'll know that zone setup and php version should be ok.

Then it can only the table values and you could try to use a simple table with only one value for testing.

Un saludo

Rainer

The new price/cost table is 1:500,500:500,1000:1000,2001:1500,3001:2000,6000:2500,7000:3000 unfortunately  I don´t have the old ones anymore. I deactivated the module and installed price per item and I´m still getting the same error. I modified the states so you´d choose them from a drop list instead of typing them in case that was the problem, and still nothing.

I deleted everything country, zones and then input thenm again and nothing.

The php version didn´t change that I know off; either way I tested it in php 5.3 till 5.6 and 7 Still nothing works!

I´m just baffled by this cause I´ve seen other people with the same error in google search results but there´s no solution reported in any of them

Hello Nadia @nssdcg76

Give it a last try: just leave the shipping module without zone asigned. This means it's worlwide allowed and your zone setup has no influence. As you have anyway only Mexico in your country list, it shouldn't be a problem for testing at least.

If it doesn't work then neither you may need to hire someone to have a look on your store.

5 minutes ago, raiwa said:

Hello Nadia @nssdcg76

Give it a last try: just leave the shipping module without zone asigned. This means it's worlwide allowed and your zone setup has no influence. As you have anyway only Mexico in your country list, it shouldn't be a problem for testing at least.

If it doesn't work then neither you may need to hire someone to have a look on your store.

Thank you, that did it. I removed the zone and the error dissapeared.

Hello Nadia @nssdcg76,

Then your zone setup is wrong.

Make sure you have your zone correct configured in admin => Tax Zones => Mexico => Country: Mexico => Zones: "All Zones"

Also in your shipping Table you have the last (highest) value set to 7.000, but you have products with a higher price in Mexican Pesos. The highest value should be higher than the highest possible order value. This maybe for your store something like 1.000.000 Pesos. Otherwise if the order total is more than 7.000, shipping cost would be 0 (zero). Another thing is you wish to offer free shipping for orders over 7.000.

Un saludo

Rainer

On 2/10/2017 at 10:09 PM, kymation said:

Was the cost of the items in your cart over 7000? That's the highest value your shipping table is set to handle, so anything over that will not get a quote.

@kymation, just checked, wasn't sure how it is handled by the table module:

Result of my test: If the order total is higher than the highest value, it sets the shipping cost to zero, but the module shows and can be selected.

Edited by raiwa

• 2 months later...