• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Remove from cart" with "attributes" {} server error work around needed

OK so before I have to go trying to migrate hosts does anyone have a work around for the remove from cart button not working for a Host that doesn't support {} when a product has attributes? My host has been zero help. It could be anything including dumping the entire cart. I just want the customer to be able to actually clear the cart when they make an error rather than just getting frustrated and leaving. 

I have tried all the urlencode options and I have done a fresh install of EDGE and the issue is present in all of them still.

Seeing "%nn" codes in a URI is ugly, and turns off customers. It would be better to fix osC once and for all by changing { } to characters which are not special to servers or PHP (i.e., not reserved or forbidden). If they don't have to be different (i.e., are not nested), something like a period . could be used. If attributes can be nested, that might not work (or use .A and A. multicharacter start and end codes). An alternative might be to get rid of URL Query Strings entirely, and build /attr/xxxxx pairs into the path (SEF style). That would be the cleanest-looking, from the customer viewpoint. If attribute codes are strictly internal to osC (would not be bookmarked by a customer or search engine), that data might even be passed through POST (form). Just some thoughts...

I vote to "."

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Can attributes be nested now? I'm wondering if that's why distinct open and close markers { and } were chosen in the first place, or if it was done to keep that option open for the future. Unless nesting makes absolutely no sense, I would try to keep separate open and close, such as .A and A. . Other letters could be used for other classes of objects, if that might be helpful.

Attributes are ridiculous for me. I have never understand why should use something when no EAN or stock connections. Its perfect only for individual productions or undesirable sellers but unusefull for standard traders.
Its time to do something different again with products connections and extra fields.

Oscommerce V3 alfa was a great product when still lived.. Opencart and a lot of clones Grown-up from v3 alfa and we stayed here and we are chewing the {bones}.

The problem is when the product has attributes and described in products_id. Its not wanted. Why is not figured out with exact declarations?

?products_id=10000000000&a1=2&a3=5

I dont understand this. Is it taboo?

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Archived