• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cannot access the admin panel after upgrading my sql database

aquaman

I got a word press site up with OS commerce for a while now. It is been working pretty good other than the problems I've been having with the payment and shipping. I just had to upgrade my SQL database and when I did so now I get the following error message when I try to login to my OS commerce admin panel. I get the following error message

Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/content/44/8789544/html/osc/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'pcapone10072011'@'184.168.193.68' (using password: YES) in /home/content/44/8789544/html/osc/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19
Unable to connect to database server!

You please sell me solve this problem thank you so much

Have you searched this forum for mysql_connect? mysql_ is old and deprecated, and has been replaced by mysqli_. This has been discussed a number of times. Anyway, it sounds like you are running a very old version of osCommerce. What osC version, and what PHP version? Any host worth using is running at least PHP 5.6 (7.1 is considered current), and osC 2.3.4BS "Edge" is the current osC release.

The "Access denied" message may or may not be a separate issue. See if dealing with the MySQL/MySQLi issue fixes this one too. If not, maybe your DB password got reset or corrupted during the upgrade?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @aquaman

Have you tried the correct credentials in your configure.php file? located in includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php . I had a similar issue and resolved it by changing server password and database name. Have you moved/migrated your site across by any chance? 

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'yourDBpasswordHere');
  define('DB_DATABASE', 'TheNameOfTheDB');

hope this helps :) 

Kind Regards 

I really appreciate the feedback. A friend of mine actually set this up for me about four years ago and it was pretty much just up and running. He was always scared to make any upgrades because he said it was a real pain in the butt. So now it falls on my lap to try to get this fixed and back up to date. I'm wondering if I do all of these upgrades will I still have all the database information. And will my template also make the upgrade. Sorry for such rudimentary questions.

My hosting is with Go Daddy

PHP version 5.6

the only thing I did was update the MySQL to a newer version 5.0

this is the message I get when I tried to login

Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/content/44/8789544/html/osc/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/44/8789544/html/osc/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php:19) in /home/content/44/8789544/html/osc/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/44/8789544/html/osc/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php:19) in /home/content/44/8789544/html/osc/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/44/8789544/html/osc/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php:19) in /home/content/44/8789544/html/osc/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 34

What osCommerce version? It sounds like you're on an older one which only supports MySQL (not MySQLi, like the newer versions). The "Cannot send session *" and "Cannot modify header" messages are a consequence of the "Deprecated" message and will go away once that's dealt with.

If this store has been running unupdated for years, I'll bet it's still back on 2.2! In that case, it's time to install the current version, 2.3.4BS Edge, and migrate your data over to it. Edge is not on the site download page -- you have to get it from GitHub. You can make a copy of your database and install in a private test directory, although if your store isn't working at all, you might dispense with that (at least keep a backup of the current store and its data).

Archived