• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Selling brand name products

TeemuStew

Hello,

I'm sure this has been asked numerous times but i'm still not sure.

Am I allowed to buy merchandise, like t-shirts and figurines, from big names like Blizzard, Riot and Ubisoft and then resell then in my online store, or do I need a license from them that allows me to resell their products?

Thank you in advance!

32 minutes ago, TeemuStew said:

Hello,

I'm sure this has been asked numerous times but i'm still not sure.

Am I allowed to buy merchandise, like t-shirts and figurines, from big names like Blizzard, Riot and Ubisoft and then resell then in my online store, or do I need a license from them that allows me to resell their products?

Thank you in advance!

I'd like to add that I live in EU.

@TeemuStew

I am not a lawyer, nor am I in the EU, so these are just my opinions, and not legal advice.

1) Typically, if you are selling your personal used items, there is not a problem.

2) If selling new items, some manufacturers may not honor their warranty if their items are not sold through 'approved channels'. They may claim that they have no control over 'grey market' items or seller. This typically applies more to items like consumer electronics than to your t-shirts.

3) While you didn't ask, how do you intend to make any money selling, say, a t-shirt, when your customer can go directly to the same supplier that you get yours from?

HTH

Malcolm

Your biggest problem, if selling new merchandise under their brand name, is the likelihood that the manufacturer will come after you for "trademark violation". While legally (everywhere that I know of) they can't prevent you from reselling merchandise, they do have complete control over use of their trademark(s) and can make legal trouble for you over your unauthorized use of their trademark. They prefer that only authorized channels offer their goods, where they have some control over the quality, etc. of the buyer's experience. Consider yourself warned.

it all depends on the brand and if they make you sign a contract (and enforce it ) or not.

generally pureplay is frowned upon, or limited in what ranges they are allowed to sell.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Archived