The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Fax or Phone Credit Card Details Through

64sp

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I have managed to get the new version installed and working to a certain point, but i cannot get the printable fax form to come up, when you click on the print form button it opens a new window then does a 404 error page not found.

This happens from both the checkout stage and from the custom account page

Can anyone help....thanks

Leslie

Hi there is the ccbyfax_form.php in the root catalog/ file folder in the unzipped contribution. This form has to go into the appropriate spot i.e. in the root folder at your server.

The mod works beautifully if you copy the exact same file from the exact same location to the exact same remote location. These files may have the same name but they are not the same content.

Also you will have to do the following in this ccbyfax_form.php

rem out as shown

/* $printfaxform = str_replace(">", " target=\"_blank\">", $printfaxform);*/

and replace with

$printfaxform = str_replace(">", " target=_blank\">", $printfaxform);

And last but not least, remember to update filenames.php with the define statement from the readme.txt. Without this it does not know which file to call into the new browser window!

I had the same errors you mention, and this is how I got rid of them.

One more thing, once you have it all going, you will have to put in a little extra html to request the user to hit the Confirm Order button once the form on the screen is printed.

MG

Hi

I have managed to get the new version installed and working to a certain point, but i cannot get the printable fax form to come up, when you click on the print form button it opens a new window then does a 404 error page not found.

This happens from both the checkout stage and from the custom account page

Can anyone help....thanks

Leslie

Hi there is the ccbyfax_form.php in the root catalog/ file folder in the unzipped contribution. This form has to go into the appropriate spot i.e. in the root folder at your server.

The mod works beautifully if you copy the exact same file from the exact same location to the exact same remote location. These files may have the same name but they are not the same content.

rem out as shown

and replace with

And last but not least, remember to update filenames.php with the define statement from the readme.txt. Without this it does not know which file to call into the new browser window!

I had the same errors you mention, and this is how I got rid of them.

One more thing, once you have it all going, you will have to put in a little extra html to request the user to hit the Confirm Order button once the form on the screen is printed.

MG

Justa little point what form to edit

rem out as shown

and replace with

which one in root I have no referance to the line to rem out?

help :D

Right found it its in the: catalog/includes/modules/payment/ccbyfax_form.php

Have changed this but no joy?

Everything works now except i dont see the option for the fax/print in payment methods.

Its installed ok in modules have edited setting to fax/print sort order to 1 but still no joy..help plz

:(

• 2 weeks later...

Using 2.2-MS2. I've installed all the files as directed but when I go to the next step in my admin I don't see the phone or fax module. I've double check that all the files are where you said to upload and the code added to filename file. any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

:P:DHello guys! This is the best module EVER! I just installed it and used it on my page. Its wonderfull!:D:)

There's something that I would like to suggest, OR...if someone could tell me what to change....

Mi site will be used primarily in spanish. The module worked great in the english version but there isn't a spanish translation. Therefore I get these errors:

:(Warning: main(/home2/nses/public_html/catalogo/includes/languages/espanol/modules/payment/ccbyfax.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/nses/public_html/catalogo/admin/modules.php on line 120

:( Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home2/nses/public_html/catalogo/includes/languages/espanol/modules/payment/ccbyfax.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/nses/public_html/catalogo/admin/modules.php on line 120

WHAT CAN I CHANGE IN ORDER TO USE THIS MODULE IN SPANISH?? IS THERE A SPANISH VERSION??

THNAX GUYS! TAKE CARE!

If you have a serious problem but it can be solved, why worry about it? If you have a serious problem but it can't be solved, then why worry about it?

First of all take the file: catalogo/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/ccbyfax.php

and copy it to:

catalogo/includes/languages/spanish/modules/payment/ccbyfax.php

then in that copy - translate the text that is displayed (ie change the bolded text in the following example)

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_CCBYFAX_PHONE_TEXT_TITLE', 'Phone in your Credit Card Info');  // These should really be kept to 32 characters or less because this is the max

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_CCBYFAX_FAX_TEXT_TITLE', 'Fax your Credit Card Info');        // length of the payment_method field in the order table.

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_CCBYFAX_BOTH_TEXT_TITLE', 'Fax/phone your Credit Card Info');      // If you use more than 32 chars in account_history_info.php the payment method will be truncated.

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_CCBYFAX_PHONE_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', 'Please phone your credit card details To: ' . MODULE_PAYMENT_CCBYFAX_PHONETO . '<br><br>Your order will not ship until we receive and have correctly processed your credit card details.<br><br>');

ect..

Note: Any file or lines of code to be added in the \includes\lauguage\<default_lauguage>.php or \includes\lauguage\<default_lauguage>\

Must be duplicated and translated to all lauguage files/directories your using.

Such is the case of many contributions which may have only ONE or two default Lauguages included or if your using a differnet lauguage other than was included in the contribution.

I added many contribution to my OSC - all have to have french lauguage files/code/buttons added...

I got this very close to working, however, I'm stumbling at the goal line. When I click to produce the form I go to the following:

With an error of:

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the xwhatwouldwaltdo.merchantquest.net home page, and then look for links to the information you want.

Click the? Back button to try another link.

Click? Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found

Internet Explorer

Any ideas on what I need to fix? It seems to be calling the wrong page.

Thanks,

Tom

Edited by TBK3

• 1 month later...

Hi all - got it working but when I want to print the form I get

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/ccbyfax_form.php' (include_path='.;C:/phpdev/php/includes;C:/phpdev/php/class') in c:\phpdev\www\blokey\catalog\ccbyfax_form.php on line 14

All else work well - can you help?

• 2 months later...
i was thinking to have the text Would you like to produce a printable fax submission form ? + BUTTON ?

at page checkout_success.php because then you can add the order #

I was going to do that originally but the problem is, that involves manually adding additional code to checkout_success.php if you want to install the module whereas at the moment the coding is self-contained within the module and installs automatically like all the other payment modules.

I like the account history idea though....because my worry was hurried customers who once past the confirmation page close the form pop up before printing it and have no way of getting back to it. If the option was in account history they could be told that in the order confirmation email.

The account history link works great

The checkout_confirmation.php link is in the wrong place as you all now so why don't we simply take it out and place a message that the link will be generated in the account history area with in their account?

Would you please tell me how to remove the button link from the checkout_confirmation.php ?

My customers are not completing the process fully owing to the button distraction!!

Thanks .

Andy :D

• 1 month later...

This is a nice contribution on my MS2, works first time (I did not copy every single line of code tho). Anyway, I need help in getting the fax form to show the products being ordered and the tax component as well. Have to take account that this button is run from both from checkout_confirmation.php as well as account_history_info.php. All this info is available in those two pages, but I dont know enough php. Can anyone help please.

It would have been better flow to show the "produce form" button after confirmation rather than prior to confirmation. However as Simon Pritchard seem to suggest that it would take a hack into the payment module in admin (or something like that) I wonder if it is much simpler solution to create a prominent radio button at checkout_confirmation.php which executes the form after pressing "confirm order". If I knew enough php I would choose to do this as a solution.

Benno

Point 1 has been addressed before in the forum. It is on page 3 of the forum

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41159&st=20 where I have

posted the amendments needed to show product details.

Thanks

I've been contemplating thinking about thinking

Thank you very much simon, I must have skipped that particular page. Now that you have kindly told me... I report that its installed just great on MS2. I would like to play around with the module and create an extra section on the fax form just for the products and prices.

What do you think about the prominent radio box selector (or some selector) on the checkout_confirmation.php instead of the Produce Form button? This will help solve the problem of customers failing to click the Confirmation button as they will have to click it to get the fax form. This probably solve the other problem of having to go deeper in coding if you wanted a button on the success page.

Overview:

In case you are counting votes for a next release, I for one would like a fax order form (which includes section 2 and section 3 payment side) rather than a pure payment form.

Thanks again. :)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am a total newbie on on PHP. I have installed everything as instructions, everything worked fine until the last part where I click the button to load the form to print. I got this Link

www.mysite.com/FILENAME_CCBYFAX_FORM

Where did I have done wrong? shouldn't it be pulling a php page vs the FILENAME_CCBYFAX_FORM

Please help! :o

www.mysite.com/FILENAME_CCBYFAX_FORM

Where did I have done wrong? shouldn't it be pulling a php page vs the  FILENAME_CCBYFAX_FORM

Have you installed the below define line to the right .php file in your shop?

2) Add the following line to /catalog/includes/application_top.php (or filenames.php for new ms2 releases)

define('FILENAME_CCBYFAX_FORM', 'ccbyfax_form.php');

to somewhere around line 90 at the end of tBasic problem he list of filenames.

If you done that well im at a loss. :blink:

Hope this helped :D

yeah, I have tried that, I did everything as instruction on the readme.txt file. I even went back to double check the I have moved all the files correctly to the right directory, but still didn't work, just that final step. I am almost there. Anyone have any clue

Thanks!

katie

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

The installation went fine, and the module is showing up and i have entered my phonenumer. When i do a test order, i get the question to print the Would you like to produce a printable fax submission form ?

when i click on the button, i get this error

http://www.modernscrapbooking.com/sales/FI...ME_CCBYFAX_FORM

What might be wrong ?

I am using osc 2.2 and i have copyd your text between marks in my account_history_info.php file, and the rest of the files into their folders.

<?php

/*

$Id: account_history_info.php,v 1.2 2003/09/24 13:57:00 wilt Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$navigation->set_snapshot();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

}

if (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id']) || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id']) && !is_numeric($HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id']))) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY, '', 'SSL'));

}

$customer_info_query = tep_db_query("select customers_id from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '". (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id'] . "'");

$customer_info = tep_db_fetch_array($customer_info_query);

if ($customer_info['customers_id'] != $customer_id) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY, '', 'SSL'));

}

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_1, tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'));

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_2, tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY, '', 'SSL'));

$breadcrumb->add(sprintf(NAVBAR_TITLE_3, $HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id']), tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id'], 'SSL'));

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');

$order = new order($HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id']);

$content = CONTENT_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO;

$javascript = 'popup_window.js';

require(DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . TEMPLATE_NAME . '/' . TEMPLATENAME_MAIN_PAGE);

// Simon Pritchard credit card by fax payment module additions - START

include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/modules/payment/ccbyfax.php');

if (strstr($order->info['payment_method'], MODULE_PAYMENT_CCBYFAX_FAX_SUBSTR)) {

echo '<br><br>';

$printfaxform_button_string =

tep_draw_hidden_field('currency', $currency) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('desc', MODULE_PAYMENT_CCBYFAX_PURCHASE_FROM . ' ' . STORE_NAME) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('amount', $order->info['total']) ;

$address = htmlspecialchars($order->billing['street_address'] . "\n" . $order->billing['suburb'] . "\n" . $order->billing['city'] . "\n" . $order->billing['state'], ENT_QUOTES);

$printfaxform_button_string .=

tep_draw_hidden_field('name', $order->billing['name']) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('address', $address) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('postcode', $order->billing['postcode']) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('country', $order->billing['country']) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('tel', $order->customer['telephone']) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('fax', $order->customer['fax']) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('email', $order->customer['email_address']);

echo MODULE_PAYMENT_CCBYFAX_PRINTFORM_TEXT_TITLE . '<br>';

$printfaxform = tep_draw_form('ccbyfax_form', FILENAME_CCBYFAX_FORM, 'post');

$printfaxform = str_replace(">", " target=\"_blank\">", $printfaxform);

$printfaxform .= $printfaxform_button_string;

$printfaxform .= tep_image_submit('button_printfaxform.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_PRINTFAXFORM) . '</form>' . "\n";

echo $printfaxform;

};

// Simon Pritchard credit card by fax payment module additions - END

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');

?>

Hello,

The installation went fine, and the module is showing up and i have entered my phonenumer. When i do a test order, i get the question to print the Would you like to produce a printable fax submission form ?

Then i had an error, but i found that the filenames.php must be editted, sorry, its working fine.

Thanks very much for your module.

Hello,

Then i had an error, but i found that the filenames.php must be editted, sorry, its working fine.

Thanks very much for your module.

• 2 months later...

though i read all the posts in the forum i don't get the contrib running.

I use the osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 (12th July 2003).

Everything is o.k., the fax form can be printed and the order is placed, the customer gets his confirmation e-mail but instaed of the confirmation checkout (..your order ...success...) the customer gets the following:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/payment/ccbyfax.php:57) in /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

Thanks in advance, this module is very important and one of the last steps before finishing our shop.

greetings from Germany

Philipp

• 1 year later...

Hrmm I've added everything in, edited the necassarty file. Loaded it all up and its working (sorta). I get no errors.

I've activated the modules in modules, set it to true etc. However when I go through the actions of checkout, nothing appears. I just get the WEll done order done. Nothing about Phoning or Fax

I tried the above setting the sort to 1 or above, still nothing showing on checkout :/

Any ideas?

Edited by MaNuAl

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I have managed to install and setup the Fax or Phone Credit Card contribution. Its similar to the one used in zencart.

What I would like to know is how do I add the order number to the fax transmission, so that when the customer phones or faxes, the company can related the order to the details on form.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I installed "Fax or Phone Credit Card Details Through" contribution and it works fine with no problems. The only little problem is that people usually forget to click Confirm button at the checkout page. After they open the fax form and print it, they think they're done but order won't apper until they press Confirm button. It would be very nice if we could place some kind of reminder on the ccbyfax_form.php so people would remember to go back and press the Confirm button. Any ideas or suggestions?

Great work. Thanks a lot.