• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Added CCGV for bootstrap

On 9/3/2017 at 4:53 PM, tmcca said:

I am installing important add-ons that I feel should be part of the core. Any suggestions or fixes welcome

The whole trouble with adding code that you want to the core, means that it may be something that I dont want. I may need something different and it wont all get added.

The whole idea is to keep the core code clean and simple and let people add easy to install one click addons for the functionality required by each store. When you think about it it makes more sense this way. Forget the old way of doing things, its in the past.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

@burt I think it had been rewritten for BS version but it have not pushed as addon.. but it still not a drop in modules..
and its true that the coders have to focus on creating  a clean core suitable modules for drop in modules.

Omar

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here .

@Omar_one Yes I am looking into that like how Paypal is as an app. Some changes to core would be to require the actual app thats it. Also looking to add Store Credit option to use with RMA add on. As of now only Gift Vouchers or Store Credit can be used not both.

23 hours ago, Omar_one said:

@burt I think it had been rewritten for BS version but it have not pushed as addon.. but it still not a drop in modules..
and its true that the coders have to focus on creating  a clean core suitable modules for drop in modules.

Omar

Any module that requires a core change...is OK to use, so long as the shopowner makes a note of what was changed and why it was changed.  No problem.

A potential problem comes when modules like these are inserted into a fork (where the fork is made by someone who cannot code)...and the fork is then advertised here in this forum.  

I did see it, thank you for the push.

The Community Edition is at a "sleeping" phase until we see what is happening with
the official release of 2.3.5 [last in the line of outdated 960] & 2.3.6 [first in the line of bootstrap]

Actually I dropped it have to fix some things on it. Curious what would be better to download? 2.3.4.1? or bootstrap? I see the oscommerce2 github has OSC folder your don't. I am guessing this is the one in development. 

15 hours ago, tmcca said:

Actually I dropped it have to fix some things on it. Curious what would be better to download? 2.3.4.1? or bootstrap? I see the oscommerce2 github has OSC folder your don't. I am guessing this is the one in development. 

You are looking at 2.4.  2.3 will never have an "OSC" folder (or put technically:  namespaces).

Archived