• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

configurable products

shaggymarv

I have just tested the demo of this shopping cart. I am looking to do product sales of PCs with customization options and I would like it to update product’s price with the options selected  similar like HP does in this link. Does the program allow you to do this without editing the scripts? http://store.hp.com/us/en/ConfigureView?catalogId=10051&langId=-1&storeId=10151&urlLangId=&catEntryId=1578653&quantity=1&jumpid=ma_2017-labor-day-sale_desktops_2_Z9M79AV

hhhmm, i got a major flashback now to the sap ipc webinterface i worked on more than 10 years ago. It was quite a complex piece of software to ensure only valid combinations could be built online.

there is a product configurator contribution for osCommerce but i think it is quite old and possibly not compatible with the latest 2.3.4.1 BS version.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

There were a few PC builders available for oscommerce. I used to use one and it worked very well. Unfortunately it hasnt been updated in years, so it probably means that it isnt really needed by many. I seem to remember that it was mainly an admin addon with lots of changes, but the front end of the store was only lots of drop down boxes on the product page, so it may not be that hard to convert to the latest BS version. You could post in the paid for help section and get quotes from developers. If enough people were interested the cost could be shared.

I can say I have even seen a paid for addon on the internet for computers sales for oscommerce.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived