Latest News: (loading..)
drillsar

2.3.4 to 2.3.4.1?

9 posts in this topic

I really don't want to go bootstrap at this time since I have a lot of addons in my store and if I go bootstrap most likely breakup. How can I update to 2.3.4.1? or is that bootstrap? Thanks

No, that version just has some bug fixes, as I recall.  Harold said he would release a new version soon and that the existing 2.3.4 and BS shops would be upgradable to it.  That will probably break your shop since addons in it were installed by editing core files. The problems can be fixed, of course, but you may find it not worth it and just to start over anyway. The big unknown is when the new version will be released. if it is tomorrow then you can afford to wait. If it won't be for another year, you will be hurting your shop since it is not mobile-ready, unless you have done something to it to make it so.

radhavallabh likes this

If you're already running on v2.3.4 without any issues, there is no need to update to v2.3.4.1. It would be better to update to v2.3.5 to apply the latest security fixes, compatibility fixes, and bug fixes. You will also have the option to update to v2.3.6 when you're ready to move to the bootstrap series.

v2.3.5 will not break compatibility with existing addons - it's a maintenance release that will finalize the v2.3.4 release series and is planned to be the last release of this series.

v2.3.6 may break compatibility with existing v2.3.4 addons due to moving to bootstrap. The 2.3.6 version label will be added to the Apps Marketplace once it's released so updated addons and Apps can be clearly labelled.

radhavallabh and kymation like this

2 hours ago, Harald Ponce de Leon said:

The 2.3.6 version label will be added to the Apps Marketplace once it's released so updated addons and Apps can be clearly labelled.

Smart move Harald.

Ok thanks is it bug fixes only? Possibly mobile ready? It's just bootstrap version dont work with my addons currently trying to find a fix.

The way I'm reading Harold's reply is that 2.3.5 will not be mobile-ready. Regarding the bootstrap and addons, any of the old addons can be made to work with the BS version, though it can be difficult with some of them.

@tmcca

2.3.5 is an update to 2.3.4. It will bring it up to date for more modern PHP and mySQL versions plus fix a few bugs.