• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Bootstrap doesn't allow to submit customer testimonials?

Hi,

Before I install an addon does BS Edge not come with a function to allow customers to submit a testimonials? I see they're gone through the effort of making this through admin etc just doesn't make sense they haven't gone all the way and added a function to let customers submit a testimonial unless I missed it?

Thanks in advanced Richard!!

Who is this "they" of which you speak?

Is it the "they" who provided you with a system ready for you to extend as you see fit?  
or
Is it the "they" who should at all times provide precisely what every shopowner wants and needs off the shelf?
or
Is it the "they" who already thought about that and provides an extra module ready to go...but just for shopowners who realise that coders need to make a living just as shopowners need to make a living.

Why comment like that Burt?! I appreciate everything you've done for osCommerce!! I just don't get why you've made a testimonial section in admin but no option for customers to submit one?! If the answer is you have to add an add-on then just say?! I only wanted to make sure I didn't miss an option!! It've seen the option isn't there so we add an add-on! You see how easy it was to say that?!

@Richard 10100@richard101000

Out of the box, osC Edge allows customers to leave Reviews. You just have to enable it in Admin ,,,

Admin -> Modules -> Content Modules -> Install Module -> Product Reviews

You can also display Reviews in a side box ...

Admin -> Modules -> Boxes -> Install Module -> Reviews

And, you can display and administer Reviews in Admin with a dashboard module ...

Admin -> Modules -> Dashboard -> Reviews

If you want the customer to be able to leave a Testimonial, what's the difference between a Review and a Testimonial?

Malcolm

5 minutes ago, ArtcoInc said:

If you want the customer to be able to leave a Testimonial, what's the difference between a Review and a Testimonial?

Review is product based, whereas Testimonial is site based.

ps, incoming email to you momentarily, thank you Malcolm :)

• 2 years later...
31 minutes ago, René H4 said:

Can testimonials only be entered from the admin? (speaking of Frozen)

Yes.  I envision it as admin inserting words from an email that is sent by a customer.

There is nothing to stop anyone from modularising the page and then adding a module to allow testimonials to be added...it may even be good for core.

@René H4

There's an excellent 28d module (keys system) by Gary which allows customers to write testimonials in the accounts area. You can send out emails to customers manually or automatically (if you set up a cron job) inviting them to write a testimonial. This has worked for me. Definitely worth contacting Gary for this. It is one of the best 28d add ons in my opinion. The keys system also allows customers to conveniently login and check order status etc. using a unique key.

Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

Archived