• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatic logout after create a shop account, why?

Hi

When i register a new account i will not be logged in and can buy, first i have to logon again with the new account and then i can buy, what is the problem? False file permission or is the cookie not working? Can somebody tell me what i have to change that my customer will be logged in after account registration? I have the same issu with the language. It change to default language by the "my account information" site! Can somebody help me?

System: oscommerce on a synology, Version: 2.3.4-0118

Thank you!

Hi Harald

Thank you, i have seen i hadn't define the cookie domain. After i correct this i tryed again but the same issue.

Here the code from configure.php:

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'https://secmail.io');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'https://secmail.io');
  define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/oscommerce/catalog/');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/oscommerce/catalog/');

Any another idea what the problem could be?

Thank you!

I've tryed but without succes, it doesn't work. Any other idea?

At shop settings i have activate cookie, i use PHP7 perhaps a php problem? I think this effect appeared after the last update!

Yes it worked with Version: 2.3.4-??? i mean, but i'm not sure with the version. Could it be that a file must have write rights to set cookies? I think it is a cookie problem, because my site doesn't generate a cookie. Can't find a cookie set from my shop on my pc! I had after the update problems with the file permissions, perhaps i didn't something wrong, is there a file permission index with them i can controll my file permissions?

Thank you!

It sounds like a cookie problem. File permissions shouldn't affect it but they can be checked on the Administration Tool -> Tools -> Security Directory Permissions page.

Have you tried a different browser? I have experienced cookie related problems myself in the past due to my browser - after clearing the cache everything worked fine again.

:heart:, osCommerce

I tested the ie and the firefox both same problem, but i found when i first click to register a account the "My Account Information" appears in the correct language, but when i first put a product in the "Cart Contents" and then go trough the process with "Continue" button to the "My Account Information" then the language go to the default settings language!

I told my costumer to first register a account and then use "Cart", that's work.

Thank you for your fast help Harald Ponce de Leon.

Best regards,

For some reason the session is being changed back on the create account page to the PHP configuration settings so instead of "osCsid" as the configured session name, the page reverts back to "PHPSESSID" for the session name. You might be calling session_start() in your create account page even though the session is automatically configured and started in includes/application_top.php.

Your site has been modified so it's impossible for me to help further without having access to your server. I'm not available at the moment but you're more than welcome to post in the commercial support forum channel to receive help from others here in the community.

:heart:, osCommerce

Hi Harald

Thank you for your last post it solved my probelm. The solution is to delete the first code line in the create account page. I deleted the <?php session_start(); ?> so that no new session will be start and now it works! The language will be the same trough the shop process and after registration the user will be logged in!

Wish you a nice day and if i will make money with my mail service i will support you!

Best regards, Stefan

Archived