• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New status male - Translate

theoisak

Hi

i am running af site in danish and english, when my user creat and order they got a mail in the language the chose
but when i update the status from pending  to payed or shiped they will get a english mail with danish status (i change the status to danish)

how can i translate the mail for danish custmors ?

no it is not danish there
define('EMAIL_SEPARATOR', '------------------------------------------------------');
define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT', 'Ordre opdatering');
define('EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER', 'Ordrenummer:');
define('EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL', 'Detaljeret faktura:');
define('EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED', 'Ordredato:');
define('EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE', 'Your order has been updated to the following status.' . "\n\n" . 'New status: %s' . "\n\n" . 'Please reply to this email if you have any questions.' . "\n");
define('EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_UPDATE', 'The comments for your order are' . "\n\n%s\n\n");

do i just translate them ? :)

Yep. Be aware though of how the quotes are used.

The definitions are defined in single quotes, so any single quote in the text needs to have a backslash. New lines are created with \n but that only works in double quotes which is why the string is separated and joined together again. The %s part is a placeholder which will be replaced with a value. If you have any problems, post the text that you want here and we'll show you the exact code to use.

:heart:, osCommerce

This is the reason why it's not possible to send out multilingual emails in v2.3 as the text is defined in php constants. As soon as a constant is defined, the value can no longer be updated. This is fine for loading a page, however makes it impossible to load modules in different languages.

This has been fixed for v2.4 where the definitions are now loaded as variables and are even defined in groups/scopes. And the definitions are now plain text so no more messing around with single and double quotes.

:heart:, osCommerce

Archived