• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Drop Down Menu To Select Multiples Of Item For Add To Cart With Price Update On Page

Bobber

I have been trying to put to use the backend Products Attributes, Product Options, and Option Values... for my use it is close but not right.

What I need to do is pretty simple:

1. On the product_info.php page create a drop down menu. It would not need to have many options... mainly: 1 and 20 ( this is because I sell items individually and in their case pack of 20 ).
  2. Be able to select which items this is displayed for... as this is not needed for every item
  3. When the user selects 20 I would like the retail price on the page to update and display the new price associated with this multiple quantity of this item... no discount given for larger quantities

The reason I do not want to use the products attributes is I would need to update each individual item and if the price changes then I would need to change it there as well... not very effective.

I could not find any add-ons that accomplish this...

Any ideas?

@Bobber There is an add on for Quantity Price Breaks if that is what you are looking for.   It'll probably need a fair bit of updating to work with current versions of osC but it might give you some ideas on how to do what you want.

Dan

• 3 months later...
On 7/31/2017 at 8:32 PM, Dan Cole said:

@Bobber There is an add on for Quantity Price Breaks if that is what you are looking for.   It'll probably need a fair bit of updating to work with current versions of osC but it might give you some ideas on how to do what you want.

Dan

@Dan Cole

Thank You for the suggestion...

This is exactly what I was looking for: https://apps.oscommerce.com/SXBAI&quantity-price-breaks-per-product

Archived