• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing "New Products" from main page and replacing it with "About Us"

98stratos

Can someone please assist me with this?  I know that within the index file there are two placements of the code "<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?>"  What I want is for the home page not to show the "new products" that are within the store, I want it to show the "about us" page so the customer can read about us and our products before viewing the products we have listed.  I have commented out the lines of code specified above and it does remove the "new products", but it also removes the "contentContainer with the white background.  Am I not able to just replace one with another?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

@98stratos

Is this a new store, or an existing one? If this a live existing store, you would be better spending your time moving it to the latest responsive version of osCommerce. When your host upgrades their version of PHP, your store will crash.

Malcolm

Hi Patrick,

well not so easy, as the new_products is meant as module to include or not - and about_us is a stand alone page.

What you could try is to copy the language defines that are used in about_us to the language file for index.php.

Then you could try to add in place of the the include 

<div class="contentContainer">
  <div class="contentText">
    echo TEXT_INFORMATION; 
    (or whatever is the defined text for about_us)
  </div></div>

That would be the most primitive way of hacking it in. Take a look at oscommerce bootstrap edge, there are content modules which can be switched on and off.

And if its a new store don't waste your time with outdated versions, start with BS edge!

Best regards

Christoph

Archived