• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

back to osCommerce and websites after 5+ years

Hi,

Unfortunately things went tits up a few years ago and as such I gave up with my websites. I now want to get back into it. I was previously using version 2.2 (pretty sure anyway!) on many websites. Rather than go back to this version although it  would be easier for me i want to dive straight into the bootstrap version from what I've read.

Is there any pointers anyone has for starting back out and using this new version?

Anything I need to know or any articles/posts I should read that could be of use just to save me time etc.

Used to use this forum abit and contributed to the add-ons where possible and would love to get back into it like I was before!!

Many thanks for reading!!

Richard 10100  Most of the layout changes are done in the admin now and the appearance can be altered with the use of css. This thread may help with the latter.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you!! I will read that post in the morning am sure it'll be useful!

Another question is what software do you use on your computer as a server simulator? (Really don't know what it's called, I did used to use a really good one but can't remember the name!)

So I can install osCommerce on my computer without installing it on a "real server".

@Richard 10100 Richard I agree with Frank on this.  IMO it is far better to test and develop on the environment you'll end up running.  You be focus on real problems that way and won't be chasing unnecessary ones.  BTW, welcome back.

Dan

Thanks for the advice at the minute I don't have a hosting package but I will have next week and will move onto this once I have got it, just for this first week-10 days I'll use localhost.

Thanks for the welcome back! I've always liked osCommerce, the package is great, add-ons are awesome and the forum has sound people and sound advice it's a great community!!

I'll be digging out all my old stuff later, mainly my list of things to install on a fresh install that way I can I can work on that and then have a good copy and paste version with good add-ons on a basic install for use on multiple websites which saved me so much time last time!

Archived