• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protecting product images from overwrite

kevin.noori

Hi everyone,

I have installed Oscommerce 2.3.4 and when i create a new product, if the new product image be the same as previous pictures, previous pictures are being overwritten by the new picture. It seems that Oscommerce stores all pictures in a same huge picture folder. Is there any easy fix for this other than changing the name of the pictures all the time?

Thank you

1 hour ago, beerbee said:

Hi,

maybe this one is interesting: https://apps.oscommerce.com/x8xeA&protected-images-for-oscommerce-2-3-4

Best regards

Christoph

Thank you so much Christoph for your response, That solution consists of 40 changes in different files and not only takes a long time to do it but also there is a chance that something goes wrong. This seems to be a major issue and I wonder how everybody else is tackling this issue? Is there any easier solution for that? How about a minor change so system can store all the pictures in sub-directory of image folder  (e.g. Images/ProductImages)? Thank you. 

Have a look through the addons area. There are lots of image ones in there and some that allow you to choose the name of the folder that you want the images stored in.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived