• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal (including Credit and Debit Cards) - How to Alter the Tltle

OldBuickParts

I have the latest 2.3.4 loaded and want to revise the payment page wording under the paypal option " (including Credit and Debit Cards) ". I have looked in  the languages/module/payment folder but could not seem to find the correct paypal module.  We accept credit card via another portal and we want to delete this wording.

Can someone tell me where this wording

Thanks for your help

Hello Jeff @OldBuickParts,

Supposed you are using PayPal App and you are referring to the express checkout module, it's here:

includes/apps/paypal/languages/english/modules/EC/EC.php

line 3: module_ec_public_title = PayPal (including Credit and Debit Cards)

rgds

Rainer

• 1 year later...
On 6/28/2017 at 8:01 AM, raiwa said:

Hello Jeff @OldBuickParts,

Supposed you are using PayPal App and you are referring to the express checkout module, it's here:

includes/apps/paypal/languages/english/modules/EC/EC.php

line 3: module_ec_public_title = PayPal (including Credit and Debit Cards) 

rgds

Rainer

Thank you!  I looked everywhere trying to fix the description also.

FYI - I cannot stand how PayPal has re-designed (ugly font choices, poor layout, wasted space, etc.) and re-organized the admin interface in the orders.php file.  It SUCKS!  They should have left the interface alone and only added the PayPal tab.  Instead they messed it up so now it takes us 2-3 more extra clicks to view order information that was all visible in one screen in the osCommerce interface.  We're redesigning that whole interface now to fix the idiocy PayPal created!

Thanks again Rainer!

Edited by ezfindit
grammar

Chris

• 1 year later...

I'm trying to do the same thing - get rid of the "(including Credit and Debit Cards)" after PayPal in the checkout_payment.php page.

I am using the PayPal Standard version, so I edited includes\apps\paypal\english\modules\PS\PS.php and changed module_ps_public_title = PayPal (including Credit and Debit Cards) to just = PayPal.

The payment page still says "PayPal (including Credit and Debit Cards)".

I even edited the EC.php, HS.php for good measure!

Also tried clearing my browser cache.

Why isn't the change being applied, what am I missing?

1 hour ago, rebelsheep said:

I'm trying to do the same thing - get rid of the "(including Credit and Debit Cards)" after PayPal in the checkout_payment.php page.

I am using the PayPal Standard version, so I edited includes\apps\paypal\english\modules\PS\PS.php and changed module_ps_public_title = PayPal (including Credit and Debit Cards) to just = PayPal.

The payment page still says "PayPal (including Credit and Debit Cards)".

We use PayPal Standard version and were able to modify the "catalog/includes/apps/paypal/languages/english/modules/PS/PS.php" file just fine.  Like you indicated we changed the module_ps_public_title variable to our own version and it worked perfectly.

Edited by ezfindit

Chris