• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2.3.4 v. Gold

suscrofa

Hello, Siters!

There are two stores currently at our site,  one is osc 2.3.4, and is working fine. I had to replace another 2.3.4because it must have been hacked, the database no longer communicated with admin. I tried to set up Edge, but the products I put on admin did not show up in the db, even though other changes to admin did. So I tried Gold. I finally got all the products on, and got shipping and payments to go all the way through. However, although it looked good from the customer's standpoint, the orders did not show up in either admin or the db. A bug report said "The VITAL identification numbers are incorrect. Call Merchant Service Provider." despite the fact all the numbers are exactly the same as they are in the 2.3.4 store.I have double and triple checked. yet the orders are not recorded in either authorize.net or PayPal. Is ther some reason why the API's and Transaction numbers would work in 2.3.4 and not in Gold? I do not want to rebuild the store in yet another format. Thank you for your help.

Lark Burnham

Horton, KS

Thank you for your suggestion. I saw a previous post to the same effect, and also that it did not correct the problem. I* am currently at 5.5, my provider recommended 5.6, so I changed it today. That did not correct the no record of sale problem, so I put it back to 5.5. Now our other stote won't record sales, and it had been working fine. I replaced the store files from a backup, nothing. Now waiting to see if replacing db will help.

Any other ideas? Thanks again.

Lark

Horton, KS

Are you using the same database for both stores, or are they separated, as the two different versions of oscommerce use different file structures I believe.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I have seen a situation like yours where the configure.php files on the catalog side and the admin side were pointing to different databases. It is very easy when you have multiple stores and you are trying to rebuild from a disaster to get wires crossed somewhere.

Double check all the settings in the configure files for database and for file paths - both physical and logical.

If you have trouble with the credentials on a payment module, don't forget to check all of the other settings; there's often one that switches between a test system and live payments and it's not always obvious.

Try changing catalog/includes/application_top.php so that you can see any php errors if there are any - change the setting near the top:

error_reporting(E_ALL);

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Dear 14Steve14;

I am using separate db, each store has their own. I thought maybe the problem was due to ordering in IE, so I tried Chrome. Now it says I cannot make the purchase when I try to use authorize.net. It will not go any further. I have also replaced the db from a backup, but no change. I double-checked to make sure it was still in php 5.5.

Brockley-John: If I replaced the files with an earlier version, wouldn't that correct any configure.php problems? The store in question was working just fine before I tried to change the php version.

Thank you both for your help.

Lark

Error

This transaction cannot be accepted.

Archived