• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ultimate SEO URLs vs. Ultimate Seo Urls 5 for Responsive Oscom

ezfindit

For a standard 2.3.4 osCommerce installation, which Ultimate SEO Add-on would work better, with the least number of file changes?

Ultimate SEO URLs - https://apps.oscommerce.com/36rDo

OR

Ultimate Seo Urls 5 for Responsive Oscom - https://apps.oscommerce.com/Hj4y0

Your thoughts, experiences, and insights would be greatly appreciated!

Chris

Chris: There are advantages to each. When ran in rewrite mode, they are essentially the same.

Frank: I'm not familiar with the second one but in looking at the installation, it is no different than the original, or not much different. So saying it is Responsive doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I am missing something.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

21 hours ago, frankl said:

The first one, if you insist on using the standard osCommerce version. Why would you want to use the standard version versus the bootstrap responsive version though?

I'm trying to do this in stages.  I'm migrating from 2.2-MS2 to 2.3.4 and want to reduce the number of changes.  With the 6/30/2017 PayPal Security deadline looming over me, I have to get 2.3.4 operational or I can't process orders.  Since I'm more comfortable with using tables I'm going to 2.3.4 standard first and then move to bootstrap responsive when I have more time.

Edited by ezfindit

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 years later...

Hi,

My current 2.3.4 site uses SEO URLS 5.

I'm just about to start on a a Phoenix site replacement.

What is the latest compatible version should I use for this and can I configure it to keep the URL's the same on the new site as the old?

Edited by yahalimu

1 hour ago, yahalimu said:

Hi,

My current 2.3.4 site uses SEO URLS 5.

I'm just about to start on a a Phoenix site replacement.

What is the latest compatible version should I use for this and can I configure it to keep the URL's the same on the new site as the old?

The support thread for ULTIMATE SEO URLS 5 is this one:

https://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/349814-ultimate-seo-urls-5-pro/?page=24&tab=comments#comment-1797284