• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

customize - oscTemplate

brad - ggi

I'm new to oscommerce - bootstrap version. I'm working on integrated this into our existing website. Our website has a navigation bar across the top of the page with logo, etc... Where i need to add this html appears to be location where there is this line: <?php echo $oscTemplate->getContent('navigation'); ?>. I assume that this means i need to create a file somewhere but I'm not sure where?

The Bootstrap version uses modules to control most things. You will need to create a new module to display something new, or edit one of the existing modules. Though the latter is not recommended since the module may change in future releases and you would lose your changes.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

From what i can tell this module is already a defined hook and but it's not currently used or is empty.  All I'm really asking is where the content for this module stored in the folder structure?

@brad - ggi If it really is a hook and I'm not so sure about that, have a look in the hooks directory otherwise it is probably a module and in that case it'll be under the modules directory...both of these directories are under the includes directory.   There will also have several sub-directories under those directories and while I could be a little more specific it would probably be of benefit to you if you looked through them yourself to get a little more familiar with where the various files are located, what is available and how things are structured.

Dan

@brad - ggi

Go to Admin -> Modules -> Content -> Install Module and install the Navigation Bar (if it isn't installed already)

Then go to Admin -> Modules -> Navbar Modules and install the modules you want.

There should be around 10 to choose from. Logo isn't included, that is a header module, but you can easily modify the Brand navbar module to display a logo.

You can also write your own modules or modify existing ones.

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

Archived