• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where to download oscommerce v1?

karpo518

I have site with corrupted php file /admin_2k/categories.php. Admin panel does not works now. CMS version  - oscommerce 1.203

Where i can get oscommerce v1 build? Thanks for any information! 

Are you absolutely sure this is osC 1.203 you're looking at? That version (if it even ever existed) is so ancient that it would be foolish to try to repair it. A store that old isn't going to run on any current PHP and would be a hacker's delight (i.e., extremely insecure).

Over the years I have seen many people give a 1.xxx template version, which has nothing to do with osC's version number. Perhaps that's the number you're looking at. Templates are from external companies, are not controlled by osC development, and their numbering is all over the place. Look in the application_top.php file to see what version number it gives there. If it's 2.2 MS2 or higher, you stand a chance. Even so, you should think about moving to the current osC (2.3.4BS Edge) for the latest in compatibility, stability, and security.

Thanks for answers!

Are there no backups that you can grab a copy from?  Did you ask your host?

It is not my site. File modified some months ago. There was an unauthorized modification of the code in the file. As a result, syntax errors occurred. Most likely it is the consequences of the virus. I have file categories.php with errors.

Are you absolutely sure this is osC 1.203 you're looking at?

in file /admin/includes/application_top.php says:

$Id: application_top.php,v 1.2 2003/09/24 13:57:07 wilt Exp $

I can't migrate this site to last version. I want repair admin panel only.

You can find every official release of osCommerce at https://www.oscommerce.com/Products

There is no version 1.2. Versions 1 and 1.1 have a different /admin_2k/categories.php file

categories.php

In which case you are going to have to download all the official ones and find the files that match your version. Shouldn't take too long.

If the site code was hacked, you need to clean the code and that could mean starting again. Most good hosts would keep a backup of the site for 30 days, so it may be possible to ask them. Someone also should have a saved known good backup of the site. If not they deserve all the hassle they get.

You say that you cant migrate to a newer version, can I ask why that is.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

On 6/23/2017 at 3:36 AM, karpo518 said:

in file /admin/includes/application_top.php says:

$Id: application_top.php,v 1.2 2003/09/24 13:57:07 wilt Exp $

That date sounds like it's somewhere around osC 2.2 MS1 or MS2. I'm not sure what the version number (1.2 here) shows for those releases, though. The possibility remains that this is a "template", a heavily customized version of some earlier osC release, in which case you may (or may not) find the correct version of the file in a standard release. This will learn your client right good for failing to keep backup copies.

Whether it's an old standard osC version, or an old template, the warnings and caveats given remain: it's foolish to keep running a store this old, as it's incredibly insecure, and requires a very old PHP version to run (itself insecure). If the hack happened through one of the security holes, I can guarantee another will happen tomorrow. Good luck! You'll need it.

You say that you cant migrate to a newer version, can I ask why that is.

I give free consultation. Client will not pay migration. If someone helps me find this file, I will be happy. And the client too.

Hello Alexey,

Are you russian ? Or your client ?

Because I find that the " CMS version  - oscommerce 1.203 " seems to be a fork : "VAM Shop". On the oscomm.biz you can find a lot of topics about "Oscommerce VAM 1.203"

I am not russian, i use only Google to find my respons.

with OsC 2.2 since 2006 ...

Archived