• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by BS & addons installed

ce7

hi, I am trying to installed addon installed (v2.2) on BS Edge version.

When trying to click the "save" button, i got error message as below:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at admin/includes/template_top.php:14) in /admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 38

on line 14:

<html<?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>> 

on line 38

header('Location: ' . $url); 

had download and apply but still have the same warning.

Have no idea how to fix it....please kindly help, thanks!

Lyn

12 hours ago, burt said:

@ce7 you probably need to state which addon you are attempting to add.  

Almost all addons are defunct with the new versions of osC. 

@burt hi burt, thank you for reply. the addon i am trying to add is

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8343 addons installed

I saw few people already ask the same question, but just never see any reply about how to fix it.
It will be great to know what causing it and how to fix it. (how to read the warning message and find the solution...)

Many thanks in advance.

Lyn

@ce7 Lyn...you're testing this old guys memory.  I seem to recall having similar problems with some old addons on a php update.  Try adding....

ob_start();

to the beginning of the add-on you installed....just before application_top.php being called so it looks like this... 

ob_start();
require('includes/application_top.php');

It may or may not solve your problem.   I think it is worth a shot...I believe it worked in my situation without any ill effects.

Dan

6 hours ago, Dan Cole said:

@ce7 Lyn...you're testing this old guys memory.  I seem to recall having similar problems with some old addons on a php update.  Try adding....

ob_start();

to the beginning of the add-on you installed....just before application_top.php being called so it looks like this... 

ob_start();
require('includes/application_top.php');

It may or may not solve your problem.   I think it is worth a shot...I believe it worked in my situation without any ill effects.

Dan

@Dan Cole Hi Dan, thank you very much! I self-learning all this osCommerce bit by bit, so I learn quite a lot from you guys who gave all the suggestions. I really appreciate each one of you's kind help!!!

Archived