• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2 Minute Testers Required

frankl

Can you spare 2 minutes of your time?

I'd like to test a social login module for 2.3.4BS

All you need is one of these accounts - Google, Facebook, or Linkedin.

Just go here and use the social login module.

Log in and register, tell me which provider(s) you used, what happened, and if you have any feedback.

PHP errors will be displayed, please tell me if you spot any at the top of the page.

What should happen:

You click Login with xxxxx

You are redirected to your provider

You may be asked to authorise the login app, agree and continue.

You will be redirected back to osC to fill in your delivery details.

(Note: all accounts on this test site will be wiped)

Please try logging in, logging out, logging in with another provider (if emails are the same on your social provider accounts, you will be logged in again automagically). Or create an account normally (with the email you use with the social provider), then logout, then try logging back in with your social provider.

Many thanks in advance. If all goes well this will be released as an addon in the next few days. This addon will be easy to install - upload all files (won't overwrite core files), then make two tiny changes to 2 core files, done! It is also Edge, Facebook API v2.9, and PHP7 compatible :smile:

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

I tried using the Google login (the only one of the three that I have). The login succeeded, but when it went back to the Success page I get this error:

Notice: Undefined variable: process in /***/***/home/inkcart/ink-cartridge.com.au/PHP7/ezsocial_success.php on line 358 

I then came back here to paste in this error. When I went back to the site I was no longer logged in. When I tried to login again (with Google) I got

Data incomplete - social login aborted. Please choose another login method. 

Using Pale Moon 27.3.0 on Linux Mint 18.1. 

Trying the same thing on Chromium 58.0.3029.110, I still get the first error message, but not the second. I may not have followed exactly the same path in the second case, so the lack of error may be due to my actions.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi there

let me make an account using Facebook

but this error appeared when i had to make my address

State/Province

Notice: Undefined variable: process in /hsphere/local/home/inkcart/ink-cartridge.com.au/PHP7/ezsocial_success.php on line 358 
However it let me continue.
Passwords were created automatically

Doug

hi there

tried again (facebook) and now it worked. (maybe you were doing something)

So all good from my end just the 

Notice: Undefined variable: process in /hsphere/local/home/inkcart/ink-cartridge.com.au/PHP7/ezsocial_success.php on line 358 

Also tried Google I also got

Edited by douglaswalker
more info

Thank you gents. Undefined variable: process  was just a silly mistake. Error in the encryption caused the Data incomplete error (I think).

Could you (and anybody else who can test) try again?

I dont have FB or LInkedIn, but I do have a Google account...I tried and it sent me off to Google where it asked me to click my name.  I clicked this and it thought about things for a moment then sent me back to your test shop with the following message;

I believe that this is maybe because my profile contains pretty much only my name and email address...

Perhaps you need more data than this for the login to complete?

If I could get those interested to spare another moment and give it a go.

Annoyingly, every time I tested it worked perfectly from every device and location I tried, but I have fixed the problems others have had.

Thank you in advance.

On 20/06/2017 at 7:19 AM, bonbec said:

With Google login : Data incomplete - social login aborted. Please choose another login method.

I don't have any adress in my Google account, I think that it is the reason of the "Data incomplete".

Maybe the error message could be more explicit?

with OsC 2.2 since 2006 ...

Facebook and Google log in worked.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Frank, this time;

I clicked the button on your site, it did not take me to Google this time (or it might have been so instantaneous I did not notice.  I ended up on ezsocial_success where is says;

We need your delivery details. Please fill in the required fields

I filled out the rest of it.  It did not ask me for a password (obviously by design I think!).

I then logged off.  I then logged back in by clicking the google button - I was insta-logged in with all my previously entered address showing.

TL;DR SUPER COOL!

I just tried again with my Google account after reading the message from Burt.
After the identification via Google, I go back on the site with the form with the name and first name that I can modify and the email address can not be changed.
This is a very good point because the given first name and given name on Google are not the real ones.
I haven't been able to go further because the "state / province" is obligatory (it does not exist in France), but this is another problem that has nothing to do with this great addon.
Congratulations!

with OsC 2.2 since 2006 ...

Using FB this time I got " Data incomplete - social login aborted. Please choose another login method. "  However, I had deleted the app on FB yesterday after it worked.  So, I have my account info on your test site unless you deleted it, but not the matching FB app.  I'll be AFK this weekend, so I won't check until Sunday night.

I'm not really a dog.

Log in and register, tell me which provider(s) you used, what happened, and if you have any feedback.

Logged in with Google
I have a number of google accounts so it asked which I wanted to use.  I selected one.
I guess I didn't have my address set up so it took me to ezsocial_success.php where I entered my address.
Once I submitted my information I was taken to create_account_success.php and it showed that I was logged in on your site.
I logged out.

Logged in with Facebook
I received a message...Test Login will receive: your public profile and email address.
I chose to contine and was logged and taken straight to your index page and presented with a message from the message stack that said
Welcome back Dan. Successfully logged in using Facebook.

Looking good Frank - well done!!!

Dan

i spoke to soon

I went back to log in with google and got data incomplete.

I clicked google again and then all was ok.

I logged out went back to login with FB same story then clicked FB again and all was ok

On second attempt at login on both Google and FB all was ok... weird

I think I was trying to be far too clever with the encryption of the data when passing it between the providers and osCommerce, resulting in frequent errors. 

Only one way to find out if I'm right about that or not (and as usual, every time I try to sign up/login from various browsers and devices there is never an error for me, it's always successful :smile:) and that's by someone else trying it.

• 4 weeks later...