• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Suggest a product email form

14steve14

This is going to sound a really basic question, but I am thinking about creating a 'Suggest a Product' form page for my website. The page will only require things like full name, email, contact phone and a text box. I also use a maths type question ant spam thing on the contact us page so will be adding that as well. There will also be a text section on the page, but that is easily sorted with a language define. This would need to be emailed to the store owner, so nothing that the contact us form doesnt do.

Is it possible to do something along the lines of the contact us page and change the names and titles or is it a bit more complicated than that with things like the action recorder code, or would that not be required.

I am using a BS version of osc.

Any advice or guidance will be appreciated.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I have gotten the page to send an email to the store owner but for now I had to remove the Action recorder code from the page. Is there any one that can explain in idiot terms how to  allow the action recorder code to work on another simple form that is a copy of the contact us form with changes to the language defines.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

@14steve14

As far as I recall, this is how you do it. Clone the ar_contact_us.php module in catalog/includes/modules/action_recorder/ and give it a new filename class name (for example ar_your_new_class_name)

Change this line in your new suggest a product page 

$actionRecorder = new actionRecorder('ar_contact_us', (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') ? $customer_id : null), $name);

to

$actionRecorder = new actionRecorder('ar_your_new_class_name', (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') ? $customer_id : null), $name);

and then go to Admin -> Modules -> Action Recorder and set the time you want.

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

Archived